mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS<> XF Arp Number “translation”"

Posted on: June 12, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As promised, I’ve completed spreadsheets for “translating” between XS and XF Arp Numbers, in addition to the Waveform Number spreadsheets I previously posted. For context, please see this thread.

Attached is a zip file containing two spreadsheets. These translate the Arp Numbers - one lists the XS numbers in ascending order while the other does similarly for the XF. The spreadsheets are in OpenDocument format - they are ODS files, which should be readable by many programs. I have not protected these files in any way - the data can be manipulated as needed.

Data from the spreadsheets can be used to determine if a Voice or Performance is compatible with both an XS and XF that are using only ROM contents. Furthermore, data extracted from the Waveform Numbers and Arp Numbers spreadsheets should be helpful in developing software for file conversion between the XS and XF.

If any errors are detected, please let me know.

(Moderators: I’m posting this to both the XF and XS forums, since owners of just an XS or XF might not read both forums. I hope that’s acceptable.)

File Attachments
XStoXF+XFtoXS Arps.zip  (File Size: 292KB - Downloads: 636)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

Thanks 5pinDIN for posting this.

For those who’d like to have an XLS or PDF version of the documents, I’ve converted the ODS files to these formats and attached herewith. There’s one XLS file with three sheets in it and there’re three separate PDF files.

File Attachments
XF-XS_Arps-XLS.zip  (File Size: 449KB - Downloads: 439)
XF-XS_Arps-PDF.zip  (File Size: 602KB - Downloads: 427)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2012 @ 10:38 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
VikasSharma - 13 June 2012 09:16 AM

Thanks 5pinDIN for posting this.

For those who’d like to have an XLS or PDF version of the documents, I’ve converted the ODS files to these formats and attached herewith. There’s one XLS file with three sheets in it and there’re three separate PDF files.

Thank you VikasSharma for converting the files to other formats and posting them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2016 @ 04:00 PM
Blueswaite
Total Posts:  96
Joined  06-04-2011

If I am guessing right. If there is an arp in XF I like but not in XS I could record it for
1 bar or so and save as midi file and load it in to XS seq and convert it into and arp. Would. I stand correct
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2016 @ 05:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Blueswaite - 21 July 2016 04:00 PM

If I am guessing right. If there is an arp in XF I like but not in XS I could record it for
1 bar or so and save as midi file and load it in to XS seq and convert it into and arp. Would. I stand correct
Thanks

For just note data, the Put Track to Arpeggio Job could be used. However, there are Arps which are not just note data.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/467843/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2016 @ 05:47 PM
Blueswaite
Total Posts:  96
Joined  06-04-2011

Thanks the only arp I was considering was just the keyboard arp

[ Ignore ]