mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Next Model to replace Motif XF"

Posted on: May 31, 2012 @ 12:19 PM
nixmoon
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-30-2010

Love the Motif..Great keyboard, but it’s 10yrs old..Korg and Roland already came out with something new..C’mon Yamaha ,what is taking soooooo long!! .I think it’s time for the next generation.any word,,buzz,,,rumors ?????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

just got my xf7 5 months ago.  gonna take me another 5 yrs to learn it. for me, this IS something new....and i suspect i’m not alone.

enjoying the yamaha ipad apps as well and it fits my bill perfectly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2012 @ 01:58 PM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi Richie,
Yes Sir, these Yamaha iPad apps are a great new part of the Motif XF experience.  Although I’m only just starting to learn how to utilize their powers and strengths. Mucho gracias to Yamaha, for the innovation and forward thinking.
I have you to thank you big time as well Richie, for helping me have these wonderful additions to my musical arsenal working for me.

Hope “ y’all” are having a wonderful day.

Take care

Chas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
elprimito
Total Posts:  20
Joined  01-09-2003

I’ve been a Yamaha guy most of my professional music carrier. I think Yamaha beats all the others hands down, but I agree with NIXMOON. I would like to see Yamaha come out with something to compete with the Kronos. I know that build quality would be much better than Korg’s.I should know. I bought a Kronos 73. Kept it for two weeks and returned it. I do mostly live gigs and my S90 sounded better, to my ears, believe it or not. The Kronos has some great sounds over all. And their piano is pretty nice, once you spend a few hours tweaking it, and if you have great speakers, placed in the right position, and not turned up too loud, etc., etc. No problems with the keybed, though. By the way, imho Vb3 sounds much better than Korgs CX1 engine in the Kronos.
C’mon, Yamaha, hurry up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2015 @ 02:10 AM
andy warfield
Total Posts:  36
Joined  02-08-2013

of course

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2015 @ 03:25 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Whilst the original concept of the Motif is well over 10 years old, it has been extended and expanded many times since. Of course, the motif itself was only a development of several previous workstation series such as the W5/7 and the EX5 (although that beastie stands on its own as a remarkable piece of kit).

Each iteration of Motif has increased the amount and the quality of the samples in ROM and has improved the connectivity and potential for integration within a DAW. I have not had a chance to play with an XF wirelessly connected to an iPad but the concept is staggering. Of course, all of that comes at a pretty hefty price tag. You would be dropping over £2500 on an XF7 in the UK. Which is why the MOXF range exists - to give users a chance to buy into the sounds and capabilities without paying for the ultimate sound machine. Let’s face it, my motif classic sits on its stand in the studio most of the time. But it is built to withstand the rigours of the road.  The MOXF is not anywhere near as rugged, but it wouldn’t need to be if all it does is sit in a studio integrating nicely with Cubase. If it does get to go out, it gets handled with kid gloves! This is dream land at the moment since I don’t own a MOXF.

My interest in new keyboards coming out is simply do I jump now or do I wait for the next generation which will have more of what has made Motifs the top sellers to grace the rehearsal room, the stage and the studio.

Whatever you play, get the best out of it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2015 @ 12:30 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hopefully YAMAHA will introduce their next generation new Workstation and/or Synth. before I’m too old to play keyboards, or any other musical instrument.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Oldest Musical Instruments 43,000 years Old
Next Topic:

Concert for the Queen ››