mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playkeyz Purchase Problem…."

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 02:33 PM
apico
Total Posts:  77
Joined  06-14-2011

This is a continuation and update regarding my attempts to purchase soundsets from the Playkeyz website.
I’m going to tell the story and you can make your own minds up about the situation.

A few days ago, I ordered the 80’s Pop/Rock Volume 2” for Motif XF directly from the Playkeyz website. On the site, the instructions say this (copy & pasted):

how to order - MOTIF XF, MOTIF XS, S70XS, and S90XS ONLY
Please click the Order button below. . You will be taken to Paypal’s site. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with your files. The files on the email can be loaded into your synth using USB jump drive (not included).

$40.00

I placed the order and waited for the email with the soundset.
There was no indication on the site as to how long it would be to receive the emai/files.  After not receiving anything I emailed and left a phone message with the seller, nothing rude, but politely asking when I might expect delivery.  I got no response.
After more than 24 hours since plcing the order, I filed a dispute with PayPal for non-receipt of goods.  Not long after that I received an email from Playkeyz with the files attached.
I closed the Paypal dispute and went back to email to retrieve the files.  They were the wrong soundset; I had ordered vol 2 for XF, the seller sent volume 1.

I contacted Playkeyz via email to try & resolve the issue.
I presented acouple different options for resolution:

1) He could trust me to not use Volume 1, and send Volume 2.

2) I would keep Volume 1 and asked for Volume 2 for a discounted price ($30).

I got no response to my messages.

I decided to keep Volume 1 and attempt to re-purchase Volume 2 at full price.
I placed the order and included specific instructions explaining that he had previously sent the wrong soundset, and to PLEASE make sure to send Volume 2 for XF......No response, no files.
After 36 hours, I filed another dispute with paypal.
Shortly after that, the files arrived,and AGAIN, they were the wrong soundset - volume 1.
This time I called Paypal and changed the dispute to “not as described/wrong item sent”.

That’s where we are now; I have a soundset that I didn’t order (actually 2 copies!), I’m out $40 (for the time being), and I’m a bit frustrated.
The communication was one-way - me to him.

So I guess my questions are - Am I being unreasonable in my expectation that this tranaction should be completed in a timely manner? Should I receive the product that I actually ordered? Should I expect some kind of communication from the seller when I inquire about the order?

What would you do in this situation?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 02:53 PM
Hobby
Total Posts:  20
Joined  09-04-2009

Nothing more easy, don’t close the “case” with PayPal and request your money back. Sure, your get it back without any problems.
It’s nice that you inform all people on this forum, now we’ll know what kind of service these guys have for us…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
apico - 25 June 2011 02:33 PM

[...]What would you do in this situation?

Call a lawyer ... oh, wait, Mofit/Rick is a lawyer.

From http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/members/15450/
Occupation Lawyer/Amateur Programmer
state Illinois

Hopefully this is a simple misunderstanding. I’d try contacting him directly.
From http://whois.domaintools.com/playkeyz.com
Administrative Contact:
PlayKeyz
Richard Pearl
+1.7737581517
Fax: none
1070 West 15th Street
Chicago, IL 60608
US

EDIT: The above information is as of the date of the post. Anyone reading this after that date should assume that the above may no longer be accurate.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 04:32 PM
mrtea
Total Posts:  7
Joined  10-27-2010
apico - 25 June 2011 02:33 PM

This is a continuation and update regarding my attempts to purchase soundsets from the Playkeyz website.
I’m going to tell the story and you can make your own minds up about the situation.

A few days ago, I ordered the 80’s Pop/Rock Volume 2” for Motif XF directly from the Playkeyz website. On the site, the instructions say this (copy & pasted):

how to order - MOTIF XF, MOTIF XS, S70XS, and S90XS ONLY
Please click the Order button below. . You will be taken to Paypal’s site. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with your files. The files on the email can be loaded into your synth using USB jump drive (not included).

$40.00

I placed the order and waited for the email with the soundset.
There was no indication on the site as to how long it would be to receive the emai/files.  After not receiving anything I emailed and left a phone message with the seller, nothing rude, but politely asking when I might expect delivery.  I got no response.
After more than 24 hours since plcing the order, I filed a dispute with PayPal for non-receipt of goods.  Not long after that I received an email from Playkeyz with the files attached.
I closed the Paypal dispute and went back to email to retrieve the files.  They were the wrong soundset; I had ordered vol 2 for XF, the seller sent volume 1.

I contacted Playkeyz via email to try & resolve the issue.
I presented acouple different options for resolution:

1) He could trust me to not use Volume 1, and send Volume 2.

2) I would keep Volume 1 and asked for Volume 2 for a discounted price ($30).

I got no response to my messages.

I decided to keep Volume 1 and attempt to re-purchase Volume 2 at full price.
I placed the order and included specific instructions explaining that he had previously sent the wrong soundset, and to PLEASE make sure to send Volume 2 for XF......No response, no files.
After 36 hours, I filed another dispute with paypal.
Shortly after that, the files arrived,and AGAIN, they were the wrong soundset - volume 1.
This time I called Paypal and changed the dispute to “not as described/wrong item sent”.

That’s where we are now; I have a soundset that I didn’t order (actually 2 copies!), I’m out $40 (for the time being), and I’m a bit frustrated.
The communication was one-way - me to him.

So I guess my questions are - Am I being unreasonable in my expectation that this tranaction should be completed in a timely manner? Should I receive the product that I actually ordered? Should I expect some kind of communication from the seller when I inquire about the order?

What would you do in this situation?

No, I don’t think you are being unreasonable.  But I wouldn’t have ordered a second time from them.  If they wouldn’t make good on the first order,I would have told them that I was going to ask for a refund through Paypal. And let them know that I was going to post their name up on this forum, on korg, roland, musicplayer, and any other forum I could think of to let other musicians know not to do business with them.
Thanks for sharing.  I hope everything works out for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
apico
Joined  06-14-2011

Well, I got the correct soundset in my email either last night or this morning.
I closed the dispute after I loaded the files & everything was as described.

I don’t know, really, what the issue was on Playkeyz’ end of the deal, and I don’t want to vilify anyone there by posting this thread.
We all get busy in our real-world lives, and hopping on the computer can take last priority sometimes.
I loaded the soundsets and they sound good, so the product is decent; you may want to consider purchasing them from the Motifator shop to avoid a similar complication.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2011 @ 03:38 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Did you buy them from Playkeyz or from Keyfax?  I recall when I got these libraries, I tried to contact the guy at Playkeyz but never heard back.  I did get someone from Keyfax on the phone who was helpful.  They didn’t answer emails either, btw.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2011 @ 05:31 PM
Mofit
Total Posts:  910
Joined  04-22-2005

Hey, all, sorry for the delays in orders and finding this thread.  I indeed do work full-time, and I mention this only because unfortunately I end up traveling much more than I would like. 

I believed the paypal receipt was set up to automatically inform buyers that I would have to email the files personally - no auto-download - but I could be mistaken.  I should make it clear that sometimes I get a bit behind in things.

Before I saw this thread, I sent the correct file and did not ask Apico to pay for the incorrect set (nor would I ever) or return or destroy any files.  Yours to keep, my mistake!

Sorry again, and hope you enjoy the sounds!

Rick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2011 @ 06:51 PM
worknman
Total Posts:  128
Joined  08-19-2010

Yo Mofit,

I bought both Vol 1 & Vol II late last year, and unless anything has changed, I don’t recall anything in the Paypal receipts indicating that you would have to send the files personally. When they didn’t show up immediately, I just figured this was the case and waited. Sure enough, the files showed up a day or two later.

Just an FYI, you may want to double check that, as I can see how it would be confusing.

PS - When you coming out with more sh*t man? :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
motidave
Joined  10-03-2010
worknman - 27 June 2011 06:51 PM

PS - When you coming out with more sh*t man? :)

there’s an important question!  I liked those sets, though I only use a small number of them.  It’be nice to see some sets for newer decades someday.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2011 @ 11:53 PM
apico
Joined  06-14-2011
Mofit - 27 June 2011 05:31 PM

Hey, all, sorry for the delays in orders and finding this thread.  I indeed do work full-time, and I mention this only because unfortunately I end up traveling much more than I would like. 

I believed the paypal receipt was set up to automatically inform buyers that I would have to email the files personally - no auto-download - but I could be mistaken.  I should make it clear that sometimes I get a bit behind in things.

Before I saw this thread, I sent the correct file and did not ask Apico to pay for the incorrect set (nor would I ever) or return or destroy any files.  Yours to keep, my mistake!

Sorry again, and hope you enjoy the sounds!

Rick

No Harm, no foul.
Just FYI, the Paypal email was just a atraight receipt, no info on delivery.
So now that we have tha all cleared up, let me say that i don’t mind having purchased both soundsets.  They’re very good and will give me much to work with.
Just for future purposes, you may want to clarify on your site that you send the files “manually” as opposed to an auto-send.  It may save some people some worry when ordering.

Thanks for the clarification.

apico

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2011 @ 12:43 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

All of the Voices are also available at motifator.com, and they are delivered immediately 24x7.

Thanks,
KF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2011 @ 05:19 PM
motidave
Joined  10-03-2010
admin - 28 June 2011 12:43 AM

All of the Voices are also available at motifator.com, and they are delivered immediately 24x7.

Thanks,
KF

Motifator shop is my trusted vendor for all transactions (unless not available, which I have yet to experience).  I like to support the home team…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2015 @ 04:14 PM
phly23
Total Posts:  35
Joined  09-22-2008

I ordered four days ago with no response to no avail.  Perhaps I should request a paypal refund and just order from here- I thought this sound set would be good as I’m looking for a couple of hard hitting leads with attitude but the right legato simulate to my signature korg lead sound ala Jens, Jordan and yours truly as below:  ;)
or just Hire Dave?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xegmQwyITlA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2018 @ 07:32 AM
daddyrnr
Total Posts:  21
Joined  10-02-2012

I sent the company several messages with no response. While my transaction was quick and smooth, I also never got documentation for one of the sound sets as stated in the email from PayPal(Missing PDF for soundset 1).

I send inquiries reluctantly made my purchase and still had no response to any of my emails.  While I will say the sound sets are great, little dismayed at the response.  While it would not keep me from purchasing from them again if another set was released, would be a little weary on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 20, 2018 @ 07:51 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
daddyrnr - 20 June 2018 07:32 AM

[...] I also never got documentation for one of the sound sets as stated in the email from PayPal(Missing PDF for soundset 1). [...]

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php?ACT=39&fid=165&aid=14108_nvfdwEN6KdBTj9Y60BWQ&board_id=1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2018 @ 02:04 PM
TimberWoolf
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-26-2011

I purchased the “80s Pop-Rock Soundset Volume 1” yesterday (Sunday) but didn’t get any information; however, by this morning, Rick sent me the file.

I must say the sounds are amazingly accurate. I am quite excited to get my band to play some of the 80s songs that I can now reproduce!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Xf and Logic8/9 Help
Next Topic:

What other keyboard would best complement an XF8? ››