mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Preset Drum Patterns"

Posted on: April 17, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
f_k_s18@hotmail.com
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-15-2004

Can anyone tell me how to access the preset drum patterns in the XF? For example, I need to get a basic 4/4 pop beat but for some strange reason I can’t find how to access the patterns in the manual. Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2011 @ 12:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Motif has evolved over the years… in the original (10 years ago) you had Preset Drum Patterns that were accessible via the PATTERN sequencer. There were some 128 Preset Drum Phrases.

Well, long story short, the number of drum patterns has evolved beyond 2000, plus a new method was developed to make them more accessible and to interact with them in real time. They evolved into the arpeggiator where you can access them and control them via real time Play FX

For an article that gets into how to approach learning about them and some ideas on how to use them please see this from the SUPPORT area here on Motifator:

Painting Drum Arpeggios to the Sequencer

additionally you may want to have a look at the following as well:

Drum Track Construction Tools for more tips, tricks and cool features when using your Motif XS/XF with Drums…

Also just FYI: See page 23 and page 42 of the OWNER’S MANUAL for the basic introduction to the ARP in VOICE mode and how to create a PATTERN with ARPEGGIOS…

Also you may want to look into direct PERFORMANCE Record as a real time way to record both your playing and your selected Drum patterns into the sequencer…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2016 @ 04:58 PM
mybenetton2012@aol.com
Total Posts:  25
Joined  11-21-2012

Thank you so much,very helpful!!…Props!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ pitch bend remap
Next Topic:

Fruityloops FW question ››