mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Piano’s"

Page 1 of 38
Posted on: March 13, 2011 @ 01:31 AM
Redhotpoker
Total Posts:  3601
Joined  11-18-2010

Although I live in a rental apartment, I can still dream.
I would be very happy with a nice sounding upright,
but those Grand Piano’s sure look devine.
Here are a few different pics of piano’s I like:

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_7.jpgpiano_6.jpgpiano_5.jpgpiano_4.jpgpiano_3.jpgpiano_2.jpgpiano1.jpgpiano_8.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2011 @ 03:47 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Here are a few more:

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_9.jpgpiano_10.jpgpiano_11.jpgpiano_12.jpgpiano_14.jpgpiano_15.jpgpiano_16.jpgpiano_13.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2011 @ 04:54 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Last but not least:

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_24.jpgpiano_23.jpgpiano_22.jpgpiano_21.jpgpiano_20.jpgpiano_19.jpgpiano_18.jpgpiano_17.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2011 @ 07:14 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1531
Joined  05-08-2004

Grands are more affordable then ever these days. The used market that is. Check out your local craigslist

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi Mogut,
“Although I live in a ‘rental apartment’, I can still dream”

I have little room to groove as it is,,,.

I’ll check it out, just for fun.

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_25.jpgpiano_26.jpgpiano_27.jpgpiano_29.jpgpiano_30.jpgpiano_31.jpgpiano_32.jpgpiano_33.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Just a few more:

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_28.jpgpiano_34.jpgpiano_35.jpgpiano_36.jpgpiano_38.jpgpiano_39.jpgpiano_40.jpgpiano_41.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2011 @ 10:15 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

So many piano’s, so little time:

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_42.jpgpiano_43.jpgpiano_44.bmppiano_45.bmppiano_46.jpgpiano_47.bmppiano_48.bmppiano_49.bmp
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2011 @ 02:16 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Ken and his beautiful Crystal Piano

Chas

Image Attachments
piano_home_1.jpgken_crystalgrand.jpgken_crystalpiano.jpgken_sitting_piano.jpgeveningcolor.jpgcrystal_piano.jpgcystal_piano_spa.jpgcrystalpiano_stool.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2011 @ 04:43 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Something old, something new

Chas

Image Attachments
Rococo.jpgsteinway-a-ii-1903-quarter-sawn-oak.jpgrare_1850.jpgwurlitzer _butterfly_baby_grand_1937.jpgdietz_harp_piano_1840.jpgpaolo_fazioli.jpgbaldwin_sd_10_Liberace_sig.jpgelvis_24_k_gold.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2011 @ 10:42 AM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

I see you love piano’s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2011 @ 07:53 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Hi dereknae,
After having taken a Millwork/Carpentry course at N.A.I.T,
I took on a new respect for wood joinery, exact/precision cuts, seemless and often timeless design. ‘Ultimate Cabinetry’
I also enjoy wood and leather carving, Add that to a deep love for keyboard music’s and the rich variety of incredible sounds from the (infinite) variety of manufacturer’s.
Their is also, always the wonderful history, of the
piano’s life story. Imagine ‘all the parts’ they played,
+ in the development of music, up to today…
Beyond the future:

Clasical Musical Instrument Steinway Model L
New York Living Room Grand

Chatsworth Auction Rooms & Furniture Studios .
1931 Steinway New York – Living Room Grand Piano. Model L, serial no. 273178, Aeolian Duo-Art. This is a one of a kind oak veneered art-case. It features dramatic carving and inlaid scenes. Sold by Steinway in 1931 as a raw mahogany piano to Aeolian Company which added the reproducer playing mechanism. This was a rare type of Duo-Art player piano with the works in a separate cabinet, so the piano shows no signs of once being a player.
The action was partially rebuilt in 1998 with Steinway parts, rebuilder unknown.
According to our technician, the hammers, shanks, repetitions, back-checks have been replaced and regulated, also new key covers and key bushings.
Case is in good shape. Some older repairs to veneer edges. Some sections of veneer missing. Originally legs were fully wrapped around with bottom runners but missing from front legs to rear legs. Damage to finish on lid (see photo)

Chatsworth Auction Rooms is the largest buyer and seller of estate furniture and antiques in Westchester County, NY. Owned and operated by the same family since 1924. We are located at 151 Mamaroneck Ave, Mamaroneck, N.Y. in a block-long, 4 floor building, that is packed to the 12 ft. ceilings with inventory. Our merchandise is fresh from homes here in Westchester. Please call us at 914- 698-1001 or e-mail John at or Sam at

So many are art for art sake. Unusual.
I even like furniture that looks like musical instruments.
And others that are just for fun,,,

Chas

Image Attachments
1930s-mickey-mouse-minnie-piano-by-marx-rare-toy.jpgChatsworth-Auction.jpgSteinway_Model_L.jpgSteinway-Model-L-New-York-Living-Room-Grand-Piano.jpgpiano_top_davenport.jpgwurlitzer_radio_1930's.bmpBenjaminCrehore_First_US.jpgBechstein-6'7-wood-Inlay.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2011 @ 09:46 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

If one wanted to grade an ‘old used’ such as this,
I’d expect to hear “It’s A+” just from it’s wonderful providence…

Pianoforte R. Weissbrod Eisenberg circa 1909. Winner of various medals Imported to Egypt’s Khedive (Emperor) Ismail by his supplier Hugo Hach of Egypt Also supplier of the Historical Cairo Opera since its inauguration in 1869 with Verdi and Princess Eugenie.

Rare piano imported for Egypt’s Emperor Ismail

 This delightful piano has more than one dimension for evaluation:

 It is an authentic R. Weissbrod (Built in Eisenberg Germany)

 It obtained the Leipzig Staats Medaille 1897

 It also obtained Wickau 1900 Staats Medaille

 It also mentions Grosse Golden on its inside chords panel

 And has obtained various gold medals that appear on its interior

The piano had been imported to Alexandria and Cairo, Egypt ,by Hugo Hach the “Fournisseur de Son Altesse le Khedive d’Égypte [Ismail]” (Supplier of his Royal Highness Emperor Ismail of Egypt) who was his Royal Highness’s supplier for all musical instruments since the inauguration of the Cairo Historical Opera in 1869 that performed Verdi’s Opera Aida for the first time on the planet by Verdi and with princess Eugenie of France as His Highness’s guest of honour.

 The piano is rich and has undergone a few tune-ups and shaping of hammers over the years. It simply needs a good tune-up and a [Reglage] now. Its double-action mechanism is intact. It is a beauty that may mean a lot to some.

 Hugo Hach ceased to import for the Royal family of Egypt during the First World War. His insignia is on the piano and the piano had to have belonged to the household of one of the Royal family members. Many of the instruments imported by Hugo Hach for Emperor Ismail were turned into ashes during the unfortunate burning of Cairo’s Royal Opera House in 1971. Please click on any of the two links below, for more information and pictures, or contact me at my e-mail address:

Best regards

Ralph (Rafik) Baladi
http://www.filmmusicmontreal.com/Quoi_de_neuf.html or
http://trilancefilmmusic.books.officelive.com/WhatsNew.aspx

Chas

Image Attachments
weissbrod.bmp
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2011 @ 01:08 AM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

One of eight, is a very extraordinary find, extremely rare.

German historians identify rare piano once played by Mozart

August 06, 2010

The asking price of a piano has increased more than a hundredfold following a discovery by music historian Andreas Beuermann. He believes the piano is a rare model once played by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Experts now believe a pianoforte in southern Germany may be a long-sought model played by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart during the composer’s stays in Strasbourg. The instrument currently belongs to piano maker Martin Becker, who purchased it around 25 years ago from an antique dealer in Strasbourg. He recently offered the instrument for sale.

“Somehow I came upon the idea of auctioning it on eBay and had a price in mind of around 30,000 to 40,000 euros,” Becker told German radio broadcaster SWR. Instead, the piano may be worth more than a hundred times its original asking price, and Becker has adjusted its listing online to five million euros.

The pianoforte – an early version of the modern piano – was built in 1775 and is likely one of just eight models known to be have been made by a piano maker from Zweibruecken named Christian Baumann. Experts are currently examining the piano’s history.

With help from a painting

The night after auctioning the piano and failing to get bids at his original price, Becker said he was contacted by music historian Andreas Beuermann, who told Becker that Mozart may have once performed using the instrument.

Beuermann recognized the piano from a historical oil painting hanging in Vienna, in which Joseph Haydn is shown playing what may be the exact same instrument. Music historians have long searched for the eighth piano built by Baumann, which Mozart mentioned in letters to his father.

The pianoforte, developed around the turn of the 18th century, differs from the modern piano in that it has a much lighter frame and smaller dynamic range. Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven all composed for the pianoforte, which was designed for smaller settings rather than large concert halls.

Chas

Image Attachments
Mozart-piano.jpgMozart-piano-inside.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

This is my very favourite Yamaha piano, Keys Between People…

“Yamaha piano table will help you to be a star and steal the show by performing an amazing little concert. Now it is possible for your friends and family to sit comfortably on a variety of distances and positions while you are playing your favorite song on Piano. Yamaha Product Design Laboratory has come up with a beautiful and sleek design “Key between People” Concept. There is no front or back of this table. You can simply sit anywhere you want as this ‘Key between People’ is inscribed in a circle. This unique table design has lots of space for the audience and allows you to wonder a chance to develop by using this piano.”

Love these translations too…

Chas

Image Attachments
keys_between_people4.bmpkeys_between_people1.bmpkeys_between_people2.bmpkeys_between_people3.bmp
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2011 @ 10:43 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

A piano signed by 52 famous keyboardists.
As there is no info, to describe the calibre of folks who have signed this piano, I can only imagine that they are some of the many fine folks who are upon My very own ‘Favourite (Living) Keyboard Player’s’ list.

Chas

Image Attachments
52_autographs_piano.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
Redhotpoker
Joined  11-18-2010

Now we all know the future is getting weird and this is no exception when it comes to the piano shown below, it is called the Schimmel Pegasus grand piano and looks like something out of Minority report or possibly Star Trek.

Apparently only 14 of these pianos were made ten years ago for celebrities like Lenny Kravitz, Eddie Murphy and even Prince. You will be happy to know you can get your hands on one of these weird pianos right now.

When at first I had learned of these magnificant looking piano’s, I had no idea of their actual high value.
On the other end of piano scale

High Fashion… Fluid Forms… Consider this futuristic “Pegasus” piano made by the German firm Schimmel and designed by legendary Luigi Colani himself:

Not learning to play the piano is probably one of my worst disappointments I have ever had in my life. At least up until this moment. I don’t know if it’s a disappointment or a dream that is still on the waiting list, because you know how they say, if a dream is meant to be, then it will happen one day. You just have to be patient and let it happen.

I am patient. But I feel like I’m running out of days, of time and energy. And I would surely need some time in order to get “the party” started. The music, I mean.

Whenever I see a piano, I feel a cold shiver going down my back and sometimes I just can’t get over it, no matter how difficult I try. The same happened when seeing this one, even if I didn’t figure it out at a first glance. Because, come on, this doesn’t really look like a piano.

It’s kind of crazy to imagine a piano in a shape like this, but it seems that no one can resist a Ferrari. Yes, a Ferrari is what inspired the designers when giving birth to this instrument. And, with those sculptural curves, it’s not a musical instrument only. It’s a genuine piece of art. This one is presented in a piano shop in Beijing and is part of a limited edition of Ferrari-inspired pianos.
The Pegasus Guoqin comes with digital sound system and a microcomputer control system and is being sold for approximately 2.86 million Yuan (which means more than $410,000). For that amount of money, I should be provided with a teacher to show me how to play the piano, otherwise it will become a piece of furniture. And it would be such a shame!

Chas

Image Attachments
how-to-play-the-piano-when-it-looks-like-a-ferrari-02.jpghow-to-play-the-piano-when-it-looks-like-a-ferrari-01.jpgprincepiano.jpgunusual-piano.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 38

Previous Topic:

‹‹ KLA Fixed Arcuate Active Line Array
Next Topic:

Ike Willis and Ed Mann on Tour ››