mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FCB1010 with Motif XS rack"

Posted on: February 09, 2021 @ 02:13 AM
TedEWI
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-09-2021

Has anyone used the Behringer FCB1010 with a Motif XS rack unit?  I’m trying to be able to use the foot controller to change both bank and patch number.  I’m programming program changes with MSB & LSB, but only the patch number (not bank) are changing.  Anyone have any experience with this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2021 @ 10:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure that the rack’s Utility mode Bank Select Switch is “on”. See page 100 of the Motif-Rack XS Owner’s Manual.

If that’s not the issue, which Banks and Modes are you trying to select or switch between?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2021 @ 08:37 PM
TedEWI
Joined  02-09-2021

Thanks man!  I checked and Bank Select Sw and PC Sw are both “on”.  I tried turning it off then back on and restarted, no difference. PC messages are coming through just fine; I’m using button 6 (Control Change 1) to program MSB & LSB for Bank Selects, and button 5 for my Program Change. 

5pinDIN - 09 February 2021 10:14 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure that the rack’s Utility mode Bank Select Switch is “on”. See page 100 of the Motif-Rack XS Owner’s Manual.

If that’s not the issue, which Banks and Modes are you trying to select or switch between?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2021 @ 09:21 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
TedEWI - 09 February 2021 08:37 PM

Thanks man!

You’re welcome.

TedEWI -

I checked and Bank Select Sw and PC Sw are both “on”.  I tried turning it off then back on and restarted, no difference. PC messages are coming through just fine; I’m using button 6 (Control Change 1) to program MSB & LSB for Bank Selects, and button 5 for my Program Change.

Perhaps you missed my question. Which of the Rack’s Banks and Modes are you trying to select or switch between?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2021 @ 09:57 PM
TedEWI
Joined  02-09-2021

I’m staying in Voice mode, and am trying to be able to switch between User 1, 2, & 3, while also selecting a specific patch number in the specific User bank.

5pinDIN - 09 February 2021 09:21 PM
TedEWI - 09 February 2021 08:37 PM

Thanks man!

You’re welcome.

TedEWI -

I checked and Bank Select Sw and PC Sw are both “on”.  I tried turning it off then back on and restarted, no difference. PC messages are coming through just fine; I’m using button 6 (Control Change 1) to program MSB & LSB for Bank Selects, and button 5 for my Program Change.

Perhaps you missed my question. Which of the Rack’s Banks and Modes are you trying to select or switch between?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2021 @ 11:53 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
TedEWI - 10 February 2021 09:57 PM

I’m staying in Voice mode, and am trying to be able to switch between User 1, 2, & 3, while also selecting a specific patch number in the specific User bank.

OK. I just wanted to verify that you weren’t trying to switch in and out of Multi mode, which requires a SysEx message.

For Bank Select…
Controller 0 is MSB
Controller 32 is LSB

MSB value for User 1, 2, or 3 is 63(decimal) or 3F(hex)
LSB value:
User 1 is 8(decimal) or 08(hex)
User 2 is 9(decimal) or 09(hex)
User 3 is 10(decimal) or 0A(hex)

The Bank Select command must precede the Program Change one.

I don’t use an FCB1010, but I’ve heard that they can be annoying to program. This may help…
http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/IdiotsGuide.htm
...and no, I didn’t name it.

There’s software available to help with programming. Here’s a manual for one program:
https://mountainutilities.eu/system/files/download/fcb1010-manager-manual-2.2.1.pdf

You might want to use a MIDI utility such as MIDI-OX (for PC, but there are others for Macs) to send BS/PC messages to the Rack and verify operation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2021 @ 07:40 PM
TedEWI
Joined  02-09-2021
5pinDIN - 10 February 2021 11:53 PM
TedEWI - 10 February 2021 09:57 PM

OK. I just wanted to verify that you weren’t trying to switch in and out of Multi mode, which requires a SysEx message.

For Bank Select…
Controller 0 is MSB
Controller 32 is LSB

MSB value for User 1, 2, or 3 is 63(decimal) or 3F(hex)
LSB value:
User 1 is 8(decimal) or 08(hex)
User 2 is 9(decimal) or 09(hex)
User 3 is 10(decimal) or 0A(hex)

The Bank Select command must precede the Program Change one.

I don’t use an FCB1010, but I’ve heard that they can be annoying to program. This may help…
http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/IdiotsGuide.htm
...and no, I didn’t name it.

There’s software available to help with programming. Here’s a manual for one program:
https://mountainutilities.eu/system/files/download/fcb1010-manager-manual-2.2.1.pdf

You might want to use a MIDI utility such as MIDI-OX (for PC, but there are others for Macs) to send BS/PC messages to the Rack and verify operation.

LoL all good on the name, I’ve looked at some of those idiotsguides and I’m still at a loss.  Here’s a quick recap and what all I’ve tried to make this work:
- (specific examle): I’m trying to get FCB preset 31 to do the following command: change MOTIF XS rack to USER 3, VOICE 46. 

- What I’ve tried so far: 
1) I’m using FCB button ‘6’ (CNT 1) to change to user bank 3, and FCB ‘5’ (PC Change) to change to voice number 46.  I programmed ‘6’ to MSB 63, LSB 10; PC ‘5’ is set to VOICE 46, which consistently works (just struggling on getting the MSB/LSB change to work).  That didn’t work.
2) I tried setting ‘6’ to 0 and MSB 32 per your recommendation, while programming ‘7’ (CNT 2) to MSB 63 & LSB 10.  That didn’t work.
3) I tried setting ‘6’ to 0 & 00, while programming ‘7’ to 63 & 10.  That didn’t work. 
4) I tried using the FCB1010 Manager software.  That didn’t work.
5) I’ve called Sweetwater for tech support.  I’ve watched the full FCB tutorial, including the FCB1010 Manager tutorial.  I’ve called a priest.  Now the church is pissed and the devil is laughing, and my mind was lost long ago LoL.  Thinking I need to switch this for the Yamaha MFC10 foot controller.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2021 @ 09:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I downloaded the FCB1010 manual. It’s not exactly the clearest description of how to operate a piece of gear I’ve ever read.

There seem to be ways to step through Banks and Programs without entering LSB and MSB values. You might want to try that, or use a MIDI utility to send the data, just to verify operation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2021 @ 10:20 PM
akira.kanyon
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-25-2021
TedEWI - 01 March 2021 07:40 PM

LoL all good on the name, I’ve looked at some of those idiotsguides and I’m still at a loss.  Here’s a quick recap and what all I’ve tried to make this work:
- (specific examle): I’m trying to get FCB preset 31 to do the following command: change MOTIF XS rack to USER 3, VOICE 46. 

- What I’ve tried so far: 
1) I’m using FCB button ‘6’ (CNT 1) to change to user bank 3, and FCB ‘5’ (PC Change) to change to voice number 46.  I programmed ‘6’ to MSB 63, LSB 10; PC ‘5’ is set to VOICE 46, which consistently works (just struggling on getting the MSB/LSB change to work).  That didn’t work.
2) I tried setting ‘6’ to 0 and MSB 32 per your recommendation, while programming ‘7’ (CNT 2) to MSB 63 & LSB 10.  That didn’t work.
3) I tried setting ‘6’ to 0 & 00, while programming ‘7’ to 63 & 10.  That didn’t work. 
4) I tried using the FCB1010 Manager software.  That didn’t work.
5) I’ve called Sweetwater for tech support.  I’ve watched the full FCB tutorial, including the FCB1010 Manager tutorial.  I’ve called a priest.  Now the church is pissed and the devil is laughing, and my mind was lost long ago LoL.  Thinking I need to switch this for the Yamaha MFC10 foot controller.

Hi TedEWI!
I stumbled on your post.  I’m also trying to configure the Behringer FCB1010 with my MOXF.  Here is what worked for me:

In Voice mode, I used the top row (FCB buttons 6,7,8,9,0) to select different banks and the bottom row (FCB buttons 1,2,3,4,5) to select the voice number.  I tried to send both CC (aka CNT #) and PC (aka Prog Chg #) messages with one click but it didn’t work.  To switch banks, I needed to click the top row (to send the bank via CNT #) followed by the bottom row (to select a voice VIA Prog Chg #).  If I’m using the same bank, then I can easily switch voices by one clicking the bottom row.

FCB button 6 setup for bank USR1:
CNT1:  0 (MSB) 63 (USR1 MSB value)
CNT2: 32 (LSB) 09 (USR1 LSB value)

FCB button 7 setup for bank USR2:
CNT1:  0 (MSB) 63 (USR2 MSB value)
CNT2: 32 (LSB) 10 (USR2 LSB value)

FCB button 8 setup for bank USR3:
CNT1:  0 (MSB) 63 (USR3 MSB value)
CNT2: 32 (LSB) 11 (USR3 LSB value)

---

FCB button 1 setup for voice 1 (value=0)
ProgChg1: 1

FCB button 2 setup for voice 25 (value=24)
ProgChg1: 25

FCB button 3 setup for voice 128 (value=127)
ProgChg1: 128

I know it has been a long time since your original post but I hope this helps you out.  I have been trying to dig deeper into programming the FCB1010 so I can control the Pattern Mode’s tracks or pattern sections (but I haven’t had much luck).

[ Ignore ]