mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can someone explain the reason/logic that using the insertion effects on drums"

Posted on: February 23, 2021 @ 04:21 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

You can only have that insertion effect on one note (drum part) at a time? It seems counterintuitive. I should be able to use EQ or compression on the whole drum kit. AND if there is only one drum I wanted compressed, then I could divide the drum kit on separate tracks.

As it stands, unless I’m missing something, if I wanted compression on 4 different drums, I would divide the drum track, apply insertion effects on each drum track and then only have 4 insertion effects left for the rest of my mix. Seems to be an issue that really creates unnecessary limitations.

Unless there is a work around?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2021 @ 04:52 PM
moxs625
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-26-2021

Hi Pete. If I have read your post correctly I believe that you are correct, it is possible to use only one insertion effect per drum part but the actual insertion effect is set per key/note. In fact each insertion effect is actually made up of two effects and each key/note can be routed to either insert effect A or B or Thru to give the option to treat drums differently.

If you look at the Yamaha editor under effects, either in Voice mode or Song/Pattern mode there is the option to send individual drums either to A, B insertion effects or thru. The only weakness I can see is that all the sounds that go through the insert effects would have the same amount of chorus/reverb that is set through the Ins Send of the Chorus and Reverb.

On the plus side there is the flexibility of the XS to say use seperate voices for each drum but on the same midi channel. This would mean that you could use 8 bass drum layers each with it’s own filter and other settings. Now that is powerful.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bizzare system effect problem
Next Topic:

Why am I not getting stereo from my Motif XS ››