mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Glitch in sequencer"

Posted on: January 25, 2021 @ 07:19 PM
PeteParsons
Total Posts:  144
Joined  08-21-2020

In Pattern I have been using a lot of arps. In one pattern I just recorded my 6th arp in this particular pattern. I went to record, then to arpegio to do another track but the on/off function would not turn on. Not the manual switch on the keyboard which works, but rather the screen switch over the hold function which still works.

I powered down and went back to the pattern I was working on. Still wouldn’t work. I tried different tracks, still didn’t work. In the meantime I already recorded multiple arps on multiple tracks in the same pattern. I went to a few different patterns I had done and the screen on/off switch worked fine.

So I tried copying my pattern to a different pattern and it didn’t fix the problem. I have the latest OS version.

This is the second time I’ve had a glitch. Once I was in pattern mode, and I hit a certain note and it would not release. I don’t remember the particulars, but no matter what I did, I couldn’t get it to stop playing the note. I tried to go to voice and performance mode to get out of pattern but it was locked up. I had to power down to rectify it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2021 @ 11:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
PeteParsons - 25 January 2021 07:19 PM

In Pattern I have been using a lot of arps. In one pattern I just recorded my 6th arp in this particular pattern. I went to record, then to arpegio to do another track but the on/off function would not turn on. Not the manual switch on the keyboard which works, but rather the screen switch over the hold function which still works.

I powered down and went back to the pattern I was working on. Still wouldn’t work. I tried different tracks, still didn’t work. In the meantime I already recorded multiple arps on multiple tracks in the same pattern. I went to a few different patterns I had done and the screen on/off switch worked fine.

So I tried copying my pattern to a different pattern and it didn’t fix the problem. I have the latest OS version.

There are four arpeggiators in the XS. If four are already on, you can’t turn on another unless you turn off one of the other four. However, that shouldn’t be a problem, since there’s no need to keep those that have been recorded turned on.

PeteParsons -

This is the second time I’ve had a glitch. Once I was in pattern mode, and I hit a certain note and it would not release. I don’t remember the particulars, but no matter what I did, I couldn’t get it to stop playing the note. I tried to go to voice and performance mode to get out of pattern but it was locked up. I had to power down to rectify it.

In my experience such freezing usually relates to a MIDI feedback loop. I’ve only rarely had it happen, and never when my XS (or XF) was being used standalone. Careful use of Local Control on the XS and MIDI echo in software will likely prevent the problem from recurring.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2021 @ 01:33 AM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Thanks. I didn’t realize there were only 4 arpegiators. I’ll go back and shut other tracks off. That won’t affect the recorded tracks...will it? FYI I use the XS as a stand alone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2021 @ 01:34 AM
PeteParsons
Joined  08-21-2020

Never mind. You addressed that already.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2021 @ 01:06 AM
armadillosafes
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-29-2021

I need someone to pick out one best product from those on this list here.
https://armadillosafes.com/blogs/truckvaults/why-buy-truckvault

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Insertion effects
Next Topic:

VCM effects ››