mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif input to Antelope Orion Studio"

Posted on: January 07, 2021 @ 08:34 PM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

I found a previous posting regarding “buzz” or “fluttering” when the XF8 was incorrectly synched with an audio interface, where the interface was set for 48k instead of the Motif’s 44.1.  I have the opposite problem.  When my antelope is set to 44.1, I get the buzzing, but not when the two are out of synch (Motif 44.1; Orion 48).  Any ideas why this is happening?  There does not seem to be any issue when I leave the two sample rates different when I record into Logic.

Oh, btw, I am not using MIDI, but xlr inputs from my DI box into the Orion.  Not the most efficient setup.  Have not tried the S/PDIF connection yet.

Any thoughts for this newbie?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2021 @ 12:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Based on the information you’ve provided so far, I’m finding it difficult to picture how your gear is set up. Presuming that the DI box gets its input from the L/MONO and R main line outputs of the XF, the XF’s sample rate doesn’t matter, since analog audio has no sample rate.

Please describe in detail all interconnections between the XF, DI box, Antelope interface, and computer - include types of cables (TS, TRS, XLR, USB). That information should help with providing a diagnosis of the situation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2021 @ 05:25 PM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

I realize it should not be an issue, and may be my inexperience with the Orion.  But I have 2 unbalanced cables (TS? I always confuse them, but they’re the correct ones--faced that hurdle previously) to a stereo DI, xlr to a snake, to a focusrite, then into the Orion, then to a Macbook pro running Logic.  No other instruments or mics have the issue when the Orion is at 44.1, just mine, so I thought I would ask (guitars, vocal and drum mics going through snake too, but not playing at the same time, and they have no issue).

Some of the gear (my two channels, 2 other controllers) goes to the focusrite first due to number of inputs required for my friend’s band setup.

Again, I think it would be easier to use the S/PDIF for recording which I have not yet tried and probably will once it is required.  So Im not sweating the situation, just more curious.

Again, you are most helpful!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2021 @ 07:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
frdgb - 08 January 2021 05:25 PM

I realize it should not be an issue, and may be my inexperience with the Orion.  But I have 2 unbalanced cables (TS? I always confuse them, but they’re the correct ones--faced that hurdle previously) to a stereo DI, xlr to a snake, to a focusrite, then into the Orion, then to a Macbook pro running Logic.  No other instruments or mics have the issue when the Orion is at 44.1, just mine, so I thought I would ask (guitars, vocal and drum mics going through snake too, but not playing at the same time, and they have no issue).

Some of the gear (my two channels, 2 other controllers) goes to the focusrite first due to number of inputs required for my friend’s band setup.

Again, I think it would be easier to use the S/PDIF for recording which I have not yet tried and probably will once it is required.  So Im not sweating the situation, just more curious.

Again, you are most helpful!!!

Nothing you’ve mentioned leads to an explanation of why you’re experiencing a sampling rate issue when using the XF analog outputs. Various “buzzes” can relate to ground loop issues, but they don’t typically react with sampling rate.

The DIGITAL OUT of the XF is 44.1kHz 16-bit S/PDIF, so matching that should be appropriate.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance mode question
Next Topic:

Motif XS8 FW Win1064 Bit Problems with Drop Outs ››