mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting MoxF8 to iPad Pro 2019"

Posted on: January 01, 2020 @ 09:53 PM
madmorb
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-01-2020

Hi folks, having sone trouble here. Updated the firmware on the moxf8, set the USB I/O to 2ch and midi in/out to USB, when I plug into my iPad Pro 2019 using the USB-C port I get an error on the mox display, “USB connection terminated”.  I did check the manual, it wasn’t helpful. Anyone gotten this to work with a newer generation iPad Pro?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2020 @ 03:54 AM
cecchino
Total Posts:  12
Joined  09-08-2016

Which connector do you use on the moxf? And which adapter?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2020 @ 06:26 AM
Hank_Buchek
Total Posts:  54
Joined  12-02-2013

Maybe this site offers help:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/moxf-category/connecting-your-moxf-to-an-i-os-device

Best wishes,
Hank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2020 @ 01:15 PM
madmorb
Joined  01-01-2020
cecchino - 06 January 2020 03:54 AM

Which connector do you use on the moxf? And which adapter?

USB to USB-c direct. Is this a problem?

Will also check the link provided, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2020 @ 03:02 PM
madmorb
Joined  01-01-2020

Ok, couple of developments. First, I was connected to the wrong port… oops. Regardless, using USB-b to a USB c adapter and connecting to “host” didn’t generate an error but fired nothing at all. So I’m off to pick up the apple usb-c digital AV connector… which I think is the successor to the camera kit since I can’t find a USB-c option for that. Theory here is there’s don’t kind of magic in the apple adapter that allowed it to work with the iPad.

The manual and video were helpful inIdentifying I was using the wrong port and to confirm the settings on the mox but right silver the problem.

Will report back, and stunned that there isn’t more information on this particular setup with new iPads.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2020 @ 05:48 PM
madmorb
Joined  01-01-2020

Progress!

Apple “Digital AV kit” allows me to record in GarageBand. But I’m still confused. Yamaha cloud recorded doesn’t seem to see it.

Installed Cubasis LE 2, and it only runs in demo mode. However, when in demo mode it’s routing back to the mox; I can hear the effects and the instruments from Cubasis. Cubasis says “connect a supported device to unlock”, but list of supported devices doesn’t include mox. Which is weird because I’m pretty sure it shipped with a Cubasis license.

Why is this so hard?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2020 @ 10:09 AM
Dangarrett123
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-21-2020

Did you ever get this working?  I have a MOXF8.  I was connecting to my first Gen iPad Air with the lightning usb3 camera adapter and all was well except the iPad was very slow and limited.  I got a new iPad Pro yesterday to fix this and the digital AV adapter.  Now it just doesn’t work.  The audio for the iPad play out through the MOXF8 but no midi data is received into the iPad.

I tried a little cheap $100 folding piano to rule out any problem with midi coming in through the adapter and that works fine.

I have a program called MIDIwrench (I think).  It can see the MOXF8 in its hardware list, but pressing keys creates no MiDI events.  I’m going nuts trying to figure this out.  I have set my audio to 2ch instead of 4ch per the tutorial video linked above.  I have tried switching the MiDI setting on MOXF8 between MIDI and USB but I’m still not getting anywhere.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ question about back ups
Next Topic:

MOX to MOXF ››