mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Random note velocity spike problem"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: June 11, 2020 @ 11:26 AM
keramox
Total Posts:  55
Joined  11-17-2012

Hi! I had this problem with my MOX6 and the MOXF6. After reseating the connectors inside the machines (pull off and reseat but with caution !) the problems with velocity spikes are gone !
I use these synths extensivelly live (the MOXF more frequent) ,sometimes near the sea or at other places with more moisture !
Finally I don’t wrote to Yamaha because I found out that many other users had the same problems and specifically with the Yamaha MOXF6.
Now,for some time I don’t had any problems with these two guys!
I have to say that the MOX6 (but not the MOXF6) triggers one more (double) notes without velocity spikes ,sometimes but not frequently and usually after not playing the instrument for some time! Recently i’ve got the MODX7 which does not have the above problems with the keyboard (so far) :-) Thanks and greatings to 5pinDIN!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2020 @ 07:03 PM
RHproducer
Total Posts:  60
Joined  10-19-2017

Thank you Keramox for the info, It was raining season here when it happened, maybe there’s something related to humidity in the ambiance. It started to work fine again I don’t know how.

However after seeing that it happens it makes me confirm what I mentioned earlier, it’s a situation with certain batches of yamaha devices.

Can you please tell me the difference between the MODX and MOXF keybed. Is it the same? You told you haven’t had any problems so far but I’d like to know a little bit more about your impressions.

Greetings!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2020 @ 07:05 PM
RHproducer
Joined  10-19-2017
5pinDIN - 07 June 2020 06:13 PM
RHproducer - 07 June 2020 10:55 AM

[...]
All Eb and all A keys sound at their strongest value (127) even though I gently play the keys making it impossible to play confidently. Again, similar problem almost 3 years after.
[...]

Yamaha service manuals refer to black keys as sharps of the white key below, so Eb = D#. All D# and A keys share a pair of key matrix lines. The problem may be a poor connection from the keyboard to the key interface. That can sometimes be caused by environmental conditions (see my November 04, 2017 reply to keramox in this thread), vibration during transport, etc.

Thank you, thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2020 @ 05:55 PM
keramox
Total Posts:  55
Joined  11-17-2012

Hi RHproducer! There are no big differences in feel or action between MODX and MOXF keybeds, except that the black keys on the MODX6/7 have a nice new matte finish but they are a bit more noisy (IMHO) than the black keys of the MOX/MOXF .- Curiously, on my MOX6 the keys you press go a bit deaper than these of the MOXF6 and MODX7 ! Finally the time will tell which version of (almost) the same keybed is better than the other :-) ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 20, 2020 @ 11:29 PM
RHproducer
Joined  10-19-2017
keramox - 20 July 2020 05:55 PM

Hi RHproducer! There are no big differences in feel or action between MODX and MOXF keybeds, except that the black keys on the MODX6/7 have a nice new matte finish but they are a bit more noisy (IMHO) than the black keys of the MOX/MOXF .- Curiously, on my MOX6 the keys you press go a bit deaper than these of the MOXF6 and MODX7 ! Finally the time will tell which version of (almost) the same keybed is better than the other :-) ...

I appreciate you responded
Greetings

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3