mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "File management program for Motif XS6"

Posted on: June 12, 2020 @ 04:21 AM
Acalinei
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-25-2020

Hello.  Is there a program with which I could manage the performance saved in Motif XS6 on different users?  Or different sets?  Program gen yem?  I made chaotic rescues and I wish I could organize them, that is, move them from one place to another without duplicating them ... you copy them directly to the flap, that is, you duplicate them.  Plus it’s directly on the flap it’s harder being so many .... Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2020 @ 11:30 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Exactly what problems you are having is somewhat unclear. Perhaps the John Melas software will help:
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2020 @ 05:22 AM
yahhamm
Total Posts:  114
Joined  01-22-2010

I simply assign a Performance Mode program location(s) to a specific band/set.  I have all my individual voices/splits in Performance Mode User 1- H:1-16. In Performance Mode User 1 G:1-16, I have Performance Mode oriented songs in set list order for band X. While I use I use Song mode more often, (easy to put in to set list order), knowing that the Performance Mode songs are are also in set list order in H or G is helpful.  Band Y will be in User 1 F:1-16. 

Where I need to re-order the Performance Mode User 1 G:1-16 data for a gig, I use the Performance Mode User 1 E:16 location to move the songs through to the new rotation. 

Performance Mode User 2 and 3 are taken up by Bees Knees and Vintage Keys?? respectively.

I do not worry about duplication.  Performance Mode locations are meant to be “redesigned” for the specific need.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2020 @ 10:15 AM
Acalinei
Joined  01-25-2020

I think I understand what you mean, although the google translation leaves much to be desired but I have another problem.  I received from different sources four sets of voices and four sets.  I made a selection of voices that I like and a preformance one .... with save on user 123, wanting to create a new custom set.  When copying a performance from a set and moving it to a new set, will the Johnmelas software also move voice for that performance?  I specify that I purchased the licensed software.  If not, what should I do to keep the tones of the original performance unchanged?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2020 @ 07:09 AM
yahhamm
Joined  01-22-2010

I think I understand what you mean, although the google translation leaves much to be desired but I have another problem.  I received from different sources four sets of voices and four sets.  I made a selection of voices that I like and a preformance one .... with save on user 123, wanting to create a new custom set.  When copying a performance from a set and moving it to a new set, will the Johnmelas software also move voice for that performance?  I specify that I purchased the licensed software.  If not, what should I do to keep the tones of the original performance unchanged?

Just so that I understand you correctly:

a) you received four ”sets” of voices and four ”sets” What is a ”set?”.
b) you selected some specific voices AND a ”performance” one.  Where did the ”performance” one come from”
c) you saved on ”user 123”.  Does this mean you saved the selected voices to Voice Mode User 1 or Voice Mode User 2 or Voice Mode User 3.
d) you saved to “user 123”.  Does this mean you saved the selected performance to Performance Mode User 1,2 or 3?

e) what is meant by the words “When copying a performance from a set and moving it to a new set”?. Does the word “set” refer to a “Performance Mode” location.

When I copy a performance, I move it from the first stored location (Performance Mode User 1:A(1) to the new location (Performance Mode User 2:H:16). 

I use the John Melas Software also. Yes, if you copy and store a Performance from location A to Location B,the software will take all Voices with it. If needed , you can then go back and use the first location for another Performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2020 @ 03:50 PM
Acalinei
Joined  01-25-2020

I apologize for the misunderstanding created by the expression.  When I say set I mean a voice or performance package or patch saved in an xoa or xov file.  I know the difference between them.  In Romania we do not use the name patch, we use set.  In fact, it is mostly used for arranging patches.  I’m trying to explain again.  I have several patches from different sources in which I found tones or voice, I don’t know how google will translate, suitable for me.  Especially simple piano organ or wind instruments.  I selected them and I want to put them in an xoa file along with another selection of performance from different sources ... saving the same user 123, in the same xoa patch.  For this I use Johnmelas software.  My question is will the performances saved in the new patch use the original voice from the original patch or will it be replaced with voice saved by me on the locations in user 123. So that the voices I could not do are replaced?  Is there a setting in Johnmelas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2020 @ 07:37 AM
yahhamm
Joined  01-22-2010

My question is will the performances saved in the new patch use the original voice from the original patch or will it be replaced with voice saved by me on the locations in user 123. So that the voices I could not do are replaced?  Is there a setting in Johnmelas?

Your new voices that you have imported will have their own specific location in the VM User section of the board
Your new performances that you have imported will have their own specific location in the PM User section of the board.

Where is imported “original Voice from the original patch” currently stored?  I’m thinking that these original” voices are stored in the VM User 1/2/3 sections of the board.

TH

[ Ignore ]