mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX8 connect to new iPad Pro?"

Posted on: May 25, 2020 @ 08:55 PM
cthorne111
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-07-2015

So I’ve read everything I can find on this, which is surprisingly little, but was wondering if someone has actually done it before I shell out the money for an adapter. I have a newer generation iPad Pro with the usb-c connector. From what I’ve read I need an adapter that goes from usb-c to usb-a, then a cable from the usb-a to the usb host out connector on the back of the mox8 (on another thread, the straight usb-c to usb host out cable didn’t work) I want to use GarageBand, and apparently that doesn’t support sending data back to the mox8, so I will also need a 3.5mm audio out jack on the adapter which I can use to send it back out to my amplifier.  My question is just, has anyone done this successfully? And if so what adapter did you use?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2020 @ 03:15 PM
cthorne111
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-07-2015

Today I tried connecting a usb-c hub to my iPad Pro and plugging in the usb to host on the mox8 into the usb -a port on the hub. No go. Tried garage band, Yamaha app. Wouldn’t detect anything was connected. I think settings were fine on the mox8 because I did get it working with my MacBook Pro using the same exact setup, but I had to download the Yamaha steinburg usb driver to my Mac before it would work. So I’ve determined that a regular hub type adapter is not going to work with the iPad.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2021 @ 09:43 AM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi, I own the MOXF6 and would like to connect it to my Ipad pro USB-C. I joined a group on facebook that discusses MOX/MOXF and asked how this should be done. The answer I got was “The only adapter that will work for connecting MOXF with Ipad pro is the Apple USB-C Digital AV multiport adapter”. It has not got a 3,5mm jack but I was told that you can listen to all the sounds coming from the Ipad and your MOX through the MOX’ outputs or headphone output. So you don’t need a 3,5 on the adapter.

I haven’t tried it yet (expensive adapter) but anyway!

Here is the facebookgroup
https://www.facebook.com/groups/YAMAHAMOXF

Kind regards from Sweden

[ Ignore ]