mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Options to load and retrieve W3P; W2P files"

Posted on: April 06, 2020 @ 03:15 PM
Hershey
Total Posts:  6
Joined  04-06-2020

Hi,

I have a dead Yamaha motif Classic 7.

My concern is, I have a lot of files (. W3P; W2P) saved on a Smart Card which I believe were saved under the ‘’Pattern’’ mode. I would like to be able to load and retrieve all the voices and patterns I’ve used and saved as is and in the same order they were saved from my Motif classic 7.

I’m trying to find the cheapest way possible to do so. Here are my questions below placed from the best to the least good option for me:

1- Do you have any standalone app/software you can suggest which has the same voice list/pattern mode that will allow me to load and retrieve my W3P; W2P files in the *same order they were used and saved from my Motif Classic?

2- Let’s say I buy the Motif Classic 6, will I be able to load and retrieve my W3P; W2P files the same way they were used and saved from my Motif Classic 7? (I know the data/voice list is the same but just wanna make sure)

3- Let’s say I upgrade to the Motif ES, will I be able to load and retrieve my W3P; W2P files the same way even though the data/voice list is different from the Motif Classic?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2020 @ 06:22 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Hershey - 06 April 2020 03:15 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Hershey -

I have a dead Yamaha motif Classic 7.

My concern is, I have a lot of files (. W3P; W2P) saved on a Smart Card which I believe were saved under the ‘’Pattern’’ mode. I would like to be able to load and retrieve all the voices and patterns I’ve used and saved as is and in the same order they were saved from my Motif classic 7.

If the file extensions are W2P/W3P, then they indeed are “All Pattern” files from a Classic Motif. It’s unclear exactly what you’re attempting to retrieve. For the rest of this reply, I’ll presume you want the original Patterns played with the original Voices. Since Motifs don’t have a real-time clock, the files aren’t date/time stamped. If the files weren’t named numerically, then determining order will likely be an issue.

Hershey -

I’m trying to find the cheapest way possible to do so. Here are my questions below placed from the best to the least good option for me:

1- Do you have any standalone app/software you can suggest which has the same voice list/pattern mode that will allow me to load and retrieve my W3P; W2P files in the *same order they were used and saved from my Motif Classic?

I’m unaware of any software that would be helpful.

Hershey -

2- Let’s say I buy the Motif Classic 6, will I be able to load and retrieve my W3P; W2P files the same way they were used and saved from my Motif Classic 7? (I know the data/voice list is the same but just wanna make sure)

Other than keybed differences, the Motif 6/7/8 are identical, so files saved on a Motif 7 will load to a Motif 6 and play correctly. Of the options you listed, this would seem to be the best.

Hershey -

Let’s say I upgrade to the Motif ES, will I be able to load and retrieve my W3P; W2P files the same way even though the data/voice list is different from the Motif Classic?

Based on Data Compatibility with the MOTIF 6/MOTIF 7/MOTIF 8 on page 270 of the ES Owner’s Manual…
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/9/333989/motifese1.pdf
...that doesn’t appear to be a viable approach. You might want to contact Yamaha Support for verification.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2020 @ 09:28 PM
Hershey
Total Posts:  6
Joined  04-06-2020

Hey 5pinDIN!

Thanks for your help! I will go ahead and get the Motif 6!

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Connect Motif Classic to Garageband on Mac
Next Topic:

FL Studio and Motif 6 ››