mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha C-series grand pianos with MIDI-out?"

Posted on: January 12, 2020 @ 08:17 PM
snj-5
Total Posts:  11
Joined  07-10-2011

Hello,

Can’t find the answer to this on the internet, but I currently use an old Yamaha CP-70M electric grand piano to drive/control my Motif, and I want to get rid of the CP-70M and get a real Yamaha (C-series) grand piano that has MIDI-out.  Not interested in the disklavier models, just a C-series Yamaha Grand that has MIDI-out.  Anyone know the model number(s) of these critters?

TIA,

Bela P. Havasreti
Kent, WA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2020 @ 10:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Are you referring to the SILENT Pianos?

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/silent_piano/index.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2020 @ 11:37 PM
snj-5
Joined  07-10-2011

Thanks, but no, apparently in the 1980s/1990s, Yamaha made C-series grand pianos that had MIDI-out.  This was before the Disklaviers and silent pianos.  I’ve found a few videos on YouTube of these MIDI-out Yamaha Grands, but it doesn’t say what the model numbers were.  I want one of them!

Bela P. Havasreti

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2020 @ 12:10 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

That would be either the C3E or C7E. Rare and pricey I believe.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2020 @ 12:37 AM
snj-5
Joined  07-10-2011

Thank you for those model numbers.  I have since learned that indeed, a “silent” modified grand piano is basically what I’m after (thanks to the earlier poster suggesting that).  Apparently there are kits you can retrofit to just about any grand piano, so I don’t have to acquire a rare example, I just have to find a good/local Yamaha grand of decent length/quality (in case I just want to play acoustic piano), and retrofit it with the silent kit which will give me the MIDI-out I’m after so I can drive the high-quality Steinway D sample I have on my Motif, and I’ll be happy!

Thanks again,

Bela P. Havasreti

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I need help finding a Topic on Swing.
Next Topic:

Play midi ››