mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "changing performance tempo motif xs"

Posted on: October 30, 2019 @ 12:24 PM
pjkenning@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  4
Joined  11-20-2013

hi,

this is prob pure noob, but I’m trying to change the tempo in a performance and I don’t see how to do it. other keyboards have a knob where you increase or decrease the tempo, but I don’t see it anywhere on the board or in the perf menu…
please help!

thanks, phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2019 @ 12:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See pages 90 and 154 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2019 @ 05:17 PM
pjkenning@yahoo.com
Joined  11-20-2013

when I do what it says to do on page 90 (arp fx, arpeggio on), turning the tempo knob does nothing.  when I go to page 154, f2 doesn’t bring up the menu shown in the pic. (?) thanks for answering,tho.

phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2019 @ 06:08 PM
pjkenning@yahoo.com
Joined  11-20-2013

I was able to change the tempo per the p 90 instructions as long as I use knob 7 in conjunction with knob 8...set knob 8 at 12 o’clock, and, with a slight lag time, using knob 7 to actually adjust the tempo, tho backwards...by backwards I mean turning the knob clockwise actually decreases (slows) the tempo, while rotating the knob to the “1” position maxes out the tempo…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2019 @ 06:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
pjkenning@yahoo.com - 01 November 2019 05:17 PM

when I do what it says to do on page 90 (arp fx, arpeggio on), turning the tempo knob does nothing.

Press the SELECTED PART CONTROL button until the ARP FX LED is lit. Be sure to turn the TEMPO knob past the red pointer on the display, or nothing will happen. See Using Knobs on page 136 of the XS Owner’s Manual, including the ♫NOTEs.

pjkenning@yahoo.com -

when I go to page 154, f2 doesn’t bring up the menu shown in the pic. (?)

Once the Performance is selected, press [EDIT], then select the Part by pressing one of the [1]~[4] numbered buttons. Press [F2](ARP Main). See Part Edit parameters on page 151 of the manual, and previously suggested manual pages.

pjkenning@yahoo.com -

thanks for answering,tho.

Glad to help. To come up to speed on XS operation, you might want to get this:
http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/world-of-motif-xs-download-only.html

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help needed converting an ES file to XS (this one piano voice...)
Next Topic:

MIDI Drops Out ››