mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Sequencer & Jobs Added in Montage OS 3.0!!!!!"

Posted on: September 22, 2019 @ 02:47 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

Ok.,

We are not going to say Yamaha we told you so.  We’re just happy you’ve recognized your oversight.

The Montage has just added a lot if not all of the Pattern Sequencer capability of the Motif.

They’ve added back Play FX!  So which each release Yamaha is adding back more and more of the Motif functionality that was left out.

IMO this is very very very very very good for Montage.  It helps to legitimize it for a wider set of musicians!

Hooray!!! Montage!!!!

The Montage in all white is also looking very good!  The Montage now has all of Motif’s performances.  Is backward compatible with lots of the sounds.  Now it has what looks like Motif’s full blown Pattern Sequencer!!  and Many of phrase and play FX jobs!!!!!.

This is a humongous step in the right direction for Montage!!!!!

But.,., we know what happened to Motif once the white version was released.  Is this a harbinger for Montage :-(

Let’s hope not.  Montage we wish you well, once you get the Integrated Sampler added back in you’ll can assume you’re rightful place in the flagship space..

Go Montage!!!!!  LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2019 @ 10:43 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

That sequencer combined with the screen is a game changer! I’m now considering an upgrade, even though there are a few other toys on my wishlist too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2019 @ 09:36 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
zpink - 25 September 2019 10:43 AM

That sequencer combined with the screen is a game changer! I’m now considering an upgrade, even though there are a few other toys on my wishlist too.

For sure!, the addition of the Pattern Sequencer and the play FX really does catapult the Montage to a considerably higher level.

They’ve also started using ( or at least emphasizing much more) the term platform to describe the Montage.  Which at least insinuates that additional major features could be added to the Montage by upgrading the software.  If they can add that Pattern Sequencer and the Play FX (after the fact), they may be able to add other synth engines, integrated sampling, more VSTi integration, all kind of stuff.

Yea, so the addition of the Pattern Sequencer and Play FXs, was definitely a game changer.  Too bad they can’t change the name.  “Montage” is just not kewl.

I actually find myself cheering for the Montage at this point :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2019 @ 12:03 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Yes, I’m glad as well.

[ Ignore ]