mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "first-gen Motif question, A/D input routing to output?"

Posted on: May 02, 2019 @ 03:52 PM
zephonic
Total Posts:  8
Joined  08-04-2010

For this gig on Friday the backline company can’t provide a Motif XF or ES, they only have an original Motif.

I’m looking at the manual here, but am not entirely clear whether the AD input can be routed directly to the output or not? This is possible on all later Motifs, so I figure it should be on this one as well, but the manual doesn’t specifically confirm this. It only talks about recording into the Motif.

What I usually do on these away gigs is I connect my laptop to the inputs of the board so I can use the volume slider of the Motif. Just want to make sure this is possible with the 1st-gen Motif. Anyone know this for a fact?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2019 @ 04:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I can’t state that I know the answer “for a fact”, since my experience is mainly with the XS and XF models.

However, this support article…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/introducing_the_motif_classic_effects
...certainly appears to indicate that at least in Performance and Song/Pattern modes the A/D Input can be routed as you’d like. The diagrams in that article are the same as the ones in the Motif (Classic) Owner’s Manual.

By the way, be aware of the Utility mode “A/D Source” setting. It has to be set to “analog” for your purposes. See the end of page 252 in the manual for details.

Hopefully someone who knows for sure about this will reply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2019 @ 07:23 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Glad you posted here. :-) I seem to remember a recording made by someone with a Motif Classic with the PLG-150-VH Vocal Harmony board. I would think that was recorded to a computer, so the input I would say has to be routed to the main outs, otherwise what would the point be of putting harmonies on a mic signal?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New displays are now available for many Yamaha models
Next Topic:

AEIB2 board question ››