mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No more sound modules from yamaha?"

Posted on: December 15, 2018 @ 03:12 PM
daryl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  07-19-2004

I hate to sound like a gear dinosaur but I noticed that xs was the last sound module put out by yamaha . I have a dilemma, I have a moxf6 which has serves me well but the keybed sucks horribly , I recently midi it up to my dx7IId and fell in love with the feel of the dx with sounds of the mox7. Since there is no sound module for the moxf6, what are my alternatives? I really don’t want to bring both keyboards to a gig. Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2018 @ 05:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you can deal with the additional weight, a Motif XF6 should provide decent key feel and have similar sounds to that of the MOXF6. Since Yamaha stopped producing the XF models, used ones are somewhat in demand, and those in good condition aren’t typically bargain priced. If you need the MOXF’s audio via USB functionality, that isn’t available with the XF.

If the idea of getting an XF seems interesting, I suggest that you try the keys for yourself (even if you need to temporarily rent one), just to make sure it suits you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2018 @ 12:35 PM
daryl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  07-19-2004

yeah, 33 pds is too much. The moxf6 is half that and the dx7IId is only 24pds. I’m not that knowledgeable about MIDI but if I use the dx7iid as the master to play sounds from the moxf6, is it possible to play two different patches on each of these keyboards? for instance have the dx7iid play a piano patch while the moxf6 plays a string patch?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2018 @ 01:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
daryl - 16 December 2018 12:35 PM

yeah, 33 pds is too much. The moxf6 is half that and the dx7IId is only 24pds.

OK - carting gear around can be annoying when you’re the roadie.

daryl -

I’m not that knowledgeable about MIDI but if I use the dx7iid as the master to play sounds from the moxf6, is it possible to play two different patches on each of these keyboards? for instance have the dx7iid play a piano patch while the moxf6 plays a string patch?

Sorry, it’s not completely clear to me what you want to do. I understand that you want to use only the DX7’s keys - is that correct? Do you want to layer the DX7 and MOXF sounds, or do you want to have a split - that is, some of the DX7’s keys playing a piano from it while other DX7 keys play strings from the MOXF?

[ Ignore ]