mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS rack editor save user voice banks"

Posted on: June 22, 2018 @ 06:03 PM
bcxs
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-18-2016

I am trying to back up my 3 banks of user voices from my Motif XS rack to computer.
I found these instructions (below) for how to do it with the editor.  Everything goes well until after the data has been transmitted to the computer. When I try to ‘go to file” and save, there is no dialogue box to enter a name and save the X1E file.

Is there something I should be doing BEFORE starting the process?

Also, can I make an .X0V file?

Thanks!

If you want the Computer to have your custom VOICES, you must do the following.

Launch the EDITOR
Go to BULK > DATA SYNC
Set the screen to “RECEIVE”
Set the options so you are set to receive “ALL” - this will include the current data plus all the USER Voice data, including any you have marked as Favorites. Executing this will send a bulk request… the EDITOR will RECEIVE your custom VOICES (and the current one program)

Once you have done this create a FILE, you do so by
Go to FILE > SAVE
This will create a .X1E file that will be back up of your USER VOICES and the current (one) program - that means if you were in MULTI mode when you created this file, the current MULTI will be stored but so to will all the USER Voices, and your Favorites List.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2018 @ 07:54 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

While I have a Motif XS and XF, I don’t have a Rack XS. However, I installed the Yamaha Editor for the Rack XS as standalone under Windows XP. Just by opening the Editor I can click on “File”, then on “Save” on the drop-down, and a dialog box opens.

Which computer platform and OS version are you using? Which version of the Editor did you install?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2018 @ 11:35 PM
bcxs
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-18-2016

Thanks for your quick response.
I have standalone editor, version 1.6.6
Mac with Sierra 10.12.6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2018 @ 12:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
bcxs - 25 June 2018 11:35 PM

Thanks for your quick response.

You’re welcome.

bcxs -

I have standalone editor, version 1.6.6
Mac with Sierra 10.12.6

MOTIF-RACK XS Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.6 for Mac OS X
supports the following Mac OS versions:
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion,Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion,Mac OS X 10.9 Maverics,Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite,Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

MOTIF-RACK XS Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.7 for Mac
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/motif-rack_xs_editor_standalone_vst_mac_en.html
supports these Mac OS versions:
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra

I suggest uninstalling version 1.66 and installing 1.67, then see if the problem is resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance Effects (Reverb/Chorus)
Next Topic:

Using the rack with both midi and usb ››