mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sample memory full"

Posted on: March 22, 2018 @ 12:18 PM
musickeysman
Total Posts:  53
Joined  08-15-2003

Hi I have a Motif XS6 just purchase a MOXF 6
I have a friend with Motif XF8 I tried to Load my XS files in to his Keyboard to convert them to MOXF format x3a x6a
his keyboard keeps saying sample memory full
Is there a step I’m missing ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2018 @ 12:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Samples/Waveforms in an XS are in User (SDRAM) memory. An XF has, as standard, 128MB of SDRAM. If your XS files are bigger than that, and you try to load to the XF’s User (USR) memory, they won’t fit.

Questions:
1) How large are your XS files?
2) Does your friend’s XF have any optional flash memory modules installed?
3) If the #2 answer is “yes”, how many and of what size?
4) If at least one module is large enough, is your friend willing to delete the contents in order to temporarily copy your samples to it, so that an X3A file with samples can be saved?

Answers to the above will determine the proper approach. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2018 @ 09:08 PM
musickeysman
Joined  08-15-2003

Hi Most of the libraries are between 300,00 and 500,000 KB
he has 2 512 memory boards installed

the other thing I forgot to ask was I have purchased a few libraries over the years
Bolder pianos B’sknees Neo soul and a few from Cesar on motivator

The only Library I can see is Xpandyour world I got for Yamaha

The other libraries I can only see voices one by one not the whole library ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2018 @ 11:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I don’t want to make any suggestions until I have a better understanding of what files you have.

Are the 300-500MB files commercial libraries, or are they “All” files you saved? Here’s why I’m asking…
B’s Knees is about 1.6MB - it has no samples.
Bolder Pianos XS has about 123MB of samples.
So neither of those should exceed the 128MB capacity of an XF’s User memory.

Please clarify whether your files are the original libraries, or files you created from more than one library, etc.

It’s also unclear to me what you mean by not being able to see entire libraries. Can you provide more details?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2018 @ 07:49 AM
musickeysman
Joined  08-15-2003

I’m sorry if I’m not so clear.. Yes I purchase those libraries new
from here. and Xpandyourworld free from Europe in a give away.

I put bolder piano, bees knees, neo soul, and xpandyouworld on a stick and went to try to load them in his motif xf So they could be converted to fit my MOXF when I tried to load them in as ALL
(Only file that came up as all was xpandyourworld)I got (sample Memory full)
I was able to see all the files when I dialed in voice and loaded a few one by one and them took his library.
He also has a stick from Yamaha that came with the keyboard it has Chick Corea pianos and about 5 other file libraries when we tried to load any of them we got the same message Sample memory full?? I hope this helps thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2018 @ 10:44 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
musickeysman - 23 March 2018 07:49 AM

I’m sorry if I’m not so clear..

No problem, we’ll hopefully figure this out, although it’s probably going to take a few steps to get there.

musickeysman -

Yes I purchase those libraries new
from here. and Xpandyourworld free from Europe in a give away.

I put bolder piano, bees knees, neo soul, and xpandyouworld on a stick and went to try to load them in his motif xf So they could be converted to fit my MOXF when I tried to load them in as ALL
(Only file that came up as all was xpandyourworld)I got (sample Memory full)

I presume you mean by “came up as all” that when Type is set to “all”, the files are shown on the display. (If not, please explain.)

Knowing the full name of the files you have might help us figure out what’s happening. For example, for the XS, libraries you mentioned have the following names…
BsKnees_.X0A
Bolder Pianos.X0A

Are those the exact names of files you have? If not, please tell us the full name of those files. It would be helpful if you do the same for any other files you want to load and convert.

musickeysman -

I was able to see all the files when I dialed in voice and loaded a few one by one and them took his library.
He also has a stick from Yamaha that came with the keyboard it has Chick Corea pianos and about 5 other file libraries when we tried to load any of them we got the same message Sample memory full?? I hope this helps thanks

The memory likely is full if the files weren’t loaded properly. It’s not surprising that single Voices could be loaded.

It’s important to understand the operation of XF sample memory. These support articles cover the topic:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

However, if you provide the full file names for the libraries, it should be possible to guide you.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Editing
Next Topic:

TOTAL NEWBIE NEEDS HELP ››