mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New motif member"

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 10:32 AM
SynthStation25
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-22-2017

hello, my name is synthstation 25 and i’m the newest member of motifator, i have a question to ask about my new motif 6 which i just got from a friend of mine, suppose i lose power in a power outage, how do i reload everything in the motif?
is there a bootup setting i need to download and import or will the motif reboot itself automatically like the korg tritons

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 10:56 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
SynthStation25 - 22 November 2017 10:32 AM

hello, my name is synthstation 25 and i’m the newest member of motifator,

Welcome to the forum, SynthStation25.

SynthStation25 -

i have a question to ask about my new motif 6 which i just got from a friend of mine, suppose i lose power in a power outage, how do i reload everything in the motif?
is there a bootup setting i need to download and import or will the motif reboot itself automatically like the korg tritons

Under normal circumstances, the effects of losing power due to a power outage should be no different than just turning the Motif off with its power switch. That is, Voices, Performances, etc., won’t be lost, but any samples that were in the optional DIMM (SDRAM) memory would have to be reloaded.

If you need to load some samples each time you turn on the Motif, that process can be automated. See Auto Load on pages 87, 252, and 264 of the Motif Owner’s Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/3389).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 11:46 AM
SynthStation25
Joined  11-22-2017

okay good, because i remember bert smorenburg saying to sonicstate when demoing the motif xf that “in the old days, maybe electricity breaks down or whatever happens, you have to reload everything, not anymore”
when he said “you have to reload everything”, i will admit, i was nervous when i heared that

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 12:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Unlike a Classic Motif, ES, or XS, a Motif XF can have optional flash memory modules. Sample data installed to that memory is non-volatile - the samples remain through power on/off cycles. It’s likely that Bert Smorenburg was referring to that.

Once you become familiar with your Motif’s operation, I don’t think you’ll have a reason to be concerned.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 12:20 PM
SynthStation25
Joined  11-22-2017

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2017 @ 12:38 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Welcome to Motifator. Sounds like you’re fairly knowledgeable about synths but if you need help there’s a ton of resources here - articles, videos, forum Q&As;. The Shop is also useful. Sure it’s a shop with things you can ‘buy’ but from videos to voices to arpeggio collections it’s all stuff that potentially might be of interest.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2018 @ 01:07 PM
philcolly
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-14-2018

i am a new member as well, I have a motif 7, motif es7, two motif-racks,
plg150an, plg150pf, plg100dx, plg150vl; do I have a good setup?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mellotron plugins?
Next Topic:

Motif 7 (Classic) Mode Change Sys Ex ››