mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX8 Program Changes Problems - Please help!"

Posted on: October 06, 2017 @ 04:58 AM
sjlawson89
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-01-2016

Hey All! Need a little help/advice…

I’m using Ableton to trigger click tracks for my band. I connect my MOX8 via USB to my mac and use midi clips in Ableton’s session view to send program changes to my mac to switch between PERFORMANCES when the tracks are triggered. Unfortunately, this isn’t working at the moment and I can’t figure out why!!! Any help would be much appreciated!??

I set it up like this before with a Yamaha MOXF6 without issue and can’t remember what I might have done differently. I since traded that keyboard and can’t figure it out

A little more about my set up;
- I have the up to date Yamaha Steinburg USB Driver
- MOX8 is connected via USB is connected and recognised by the Mac (it appears in Audio Midi Setup on the mac)
- The program change that I’m testing is 63-64-04 whilst in performance mode. The intention being that it’d launch Performance A03.
- Keyboard is sending and receiving on channel 1, midi device number is set to 1, Midi is set to USB. I’ve tried faffing around with these bits but I’m unsure on what/where Ableton is sending the program change - does it just send them to all channels and selected ports?

I know this can be done as I managed it on the MOXF6 - I’m sure it’s probably something simple for the right person to solve! Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2017 @ 07:45 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sjlawson89 - 06 October 2017 04:58 AM

[...] - The program change that I’m testing is 63-64-04 whilst in performance mode.
The intention being that it’d launch Performance A03.

The MOX numbers things from 0-127. Apparently Ableton covers the same range using 1-128. I suggest that you add 1 to the MSB, LSB and Performance number. In your example, that would result in 64-65-05 - try sending that.

sjlawson89 -

- Keyboard is sending and receiving on channel 1, midi device number is set to 1, Midi is set to USB. I’ve tried faffing around with these bits but I’m unsure on what/where Ableton is sending the program change - does it just send them to all channels and selected ports?

Ableton should be set to send on the MIDI Channel matching that the MOX is set to receive on - in this case, Channel 1. If so, and you make the MSB/LSB/PC +1 numbering change in Ableton, that should work.
  [ Ignore ]