mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moxf, Logicc pro & Midi to audio?"

Posted on: September 26, 2017 @ 08:14 AM
azaizo
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-21-2016

Hello.. I want to convert my miditracks to audio… when I bounce them I cant hear midi tracks.. And cannot do “Bounce in place”.. Can anyone help with this?

https://i.imgur.com/1hpVsvk.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2017 @ 10:13 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi azaizo,

You appear to be trying to use the MOXF as a virtual instrument.  It isn’t a virtual instrument, so bouncing audio to a file or bouncing audio in place will not work from just a midi track like it does with virtual instruments.

The only way you will be able to bounce audio from the MOXF is by capturing it on an audio track first.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2017 @ 10:34 AM
azaizo
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-21-2016

Okay so.. Whats the easiest way to make this midi thing to audio ? so I can record with logic pro and bounce it ?

now I can only record and play with logic but cant bounce..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2017 @ 10:49 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

The easiest way would be to use your MOXF’s USB audio outputs and capture audio at the same time as your existing MIDI tracks play.

You may also wish to use a separate audio interface instead, but then you will need to use the MOXF’s analog outputs and not USB.

The basic idea would be to keep your MIDI tracks in place.  Don’t change anything with those.  Then, set up a stereo audio track in Logic.  Choose inputs 3 and 4 for it, and use that to record audio coming back from the MOXF at the same time Logic sends the MIDI.

MOXF USB outputs 3 and 4 are the default USB outputs for Voice audio, and that’s why you need inputs 3 and 4 on your audio track.

In terms of separation, mute the MIDI tracks or regions that you do not wish to capture as audio at that time.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New here - Just got the MOXF8 yesterday! Woohoo!!
Next Topic:

Sostenuto Pedal for MOXF ››