mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using tyros files on XS"

Posted on: September 08, 2017 @ 10:03 AM
Dechristo
Total Posts:  19
Joined  08-12-2011

Question:  If I purchase a preloaded plug and play USB stick loaded with songs for Tyros, can I plug this into my XS and at least extract the midi files to load in my keyboard?  Or will all the info be in a format that my XS cannot read?  I realize that if I can import the midi files, as with all midi files, there will be editing required like assigning voices to certain tracks and all, and other things, but will the XS be even able to read the stick or not recognize it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2017 @ 11:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What format are the Tyros files in? Only SMFs (Standard MIDI Files) with .MID extension can be directly loaded to the XS.

Perhaps this might offer some insight:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=16026.0

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2017 @ 01:58 PM
Dechristo
Joined  08-12-2011

Thanks for a reply...I do not own a Tyros and have not purchased the preloaded USB STICK, so not sure...but they are designed to plug directly into a Tyros and play, so whatever format the Tyros uses.  I assume that if these files are on the stick in an SMF format, they could be uploaded to play in any midi reading device, but I also assume that the Tyros has a proprietary format of its own for a song mode, that could not be read by XS, is that correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2017 @ 12:21 PM
SAMM
Total Posts:  32
Joined  08-19-2014

Hey Dechristo,
Tyros uses SMF (Midifiles) and is able to playback wave- and mp3-files.
With your motif you can load (NOT play directly as Tyros can!) the Midi-files even if they had been recorded with Tyros itselfs.
But Tyros uses many sounds that are not included in Motif, espacially the “Mega” and the “SA"-voices. Some of the “Mega"-voces can be found in Motif but not all. And some are programmed for playback in an different way.
So it may be hard work to make a “Tyros"-SMF sound correctly. And it will never sound like on Tyros!

regards
- SAMM -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2017 @ 01:00 PM
Dechristo
Joined  08-12-2011

Thanks SAMM...that’s what I need to know...I know it won’t sound like a Tyros, but I just need the structure and skeleton of a song.  Enough tweaking, and my Motif will still do it justice...to be honest, it takes a bit of work to make any purchased midi file sound good...but it’s worth it...I’m a tweaker🙂

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2017 @ 02:09 PM
SAMM
Total Posts:  32
Joined  08-19-2014

Good luck and have much fun!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to setup for quick recording AND DAW
Next Topic:

Motif XF Flash Ram ››