mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 and Logic Pro"

Posted on: August 16, 2017 @ 12:43 AM
walkerpillow
Total Posts:  14
Joined  04-18-2013

Bless.

I would like to record audio from my MoX6 through an Apollo Twin to Logic Pro X. Specifically, I want to record patterns on the MoX6 to Logic, two tracks at a time. I am able to get audio to record but unable to sync the midi in a way that lets me record all the tracks in sync. I need to be able to hit record in Logic and have the pattern play on the MoX6. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2017 @ 06:15 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi walkerpillow,

Here’s a thread regarding Logic and syncing it with a MOXF, but it’s the same for the MOX, too.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/474012/

All the settings for the MOX and Logic should be there.

Using an Apollo Twin will mean that you can only record one stereo track at a time, because the MOX only has a left and right analog output.

The way to record two stereo tracks at the same time would be to switch to USB audio directly from the MOX’s ‘TO HOST’ port, and not use the Apollo at the time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2017 @ 09:29 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I’ll add that using USB keeps the sound in the digital domain (good!) but loses any coloration the Apollo may be adding in the analog path.

[ Ignore ]