mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arp Play only switch on MOTIF XS ?"

Posted on: August 06, 2017 @ 05:40 PM
Boogiebeau1
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06-06-2015

Though I’ve had it a while I’m new to much of on the Motif XS.  I just copied my Performances on my S90XS to the Motif XS6 via the Melas software.  They seem to work nicely but ... 

Problem is my S90 XS has an Arp Play only on/off setting for each of the voices in a Performance.  But I don’t see that in the MOTIF XS ..  thus if the console ARPEGGIO button is OFF ..  then pressing a key the drum voice will sound.  When the ARPEGGIO button is on drum arp plays and I don’t hear a drum noise when I hit the key.  So is there an equilvalent Apr Play only setting on the MOTIF XS??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2017 @ 07:26 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Boogiebeau1 - 06 August 2017 05:40 PM

Though I’ve had it a while I’m new to much of on the Motif XS.  I just copied my Performances on my S90XS to the Motif XS6 via the Melas software.  They seem to work nicely but ... 

Problem is my S90 XS has an Arp Play only on/off setting for each of the voices in a Performance.  But I don’t see that in the MOTIF XS ..  thus if the console ARPEGGIO button is OFF ..  then pressing a key the drum voice will sound.  When the ARPEGGIO button is on drum arp plays and I don’t hear a drum noise when I hit the key.  So is there an equilvalent Apr Play only setting on the MOTIF XS??

I am not sure that this can be accomplished on the XS, as you were able to on your S90XS.

In This Document, which compares the Motif XF against the previous (XS) model, one of the upgrades is the Arp Play Only parameter, per PART Edit in Performance and Mixing Modes:

Arp Play only
The parameter “ARP Play Only” is available only in Performance and Mixing Parts ([F1] VOICE > [SF1] VOICE - top right of the display). If the parameter is set to ON, the relevant Part only plays back the MIDI note events from the Arpeggio playback. This is especially useful for Drum Arpeggios in Performances. If the Arpeggiator is off, usually single drum sounds are played when you play on the keyboard. Which is usually not desirable when you want to play the instrument Parts without Arpeggiator. If “ARP Play Only” is set to ON in the drum Part, it won‘t produce any sound when the Arpeggiator is off.

As you noted, this parameter edit was also available in the S90XS keyboard.  It appears it was eliminated in the XS.

I have an XF, not XS, so perhaps someone with an XS can verify whether or not it has an Arp Play Only PART setting.  The XS Manual suggests it does not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2017 @ 09:17 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 06 August 2017 07:26 PM

I have an XF, not XS, so perhaps someone with an XS can verify whether or not it has an Arp Play Only PART setting.  The XS Manual suggests it does not.

Arp Play Only isn’t found on the Motif XS, which was introduced in 2007. It was included in the S90 XS, which came out in 2009.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2017 @ 12:56 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Thanks for the verification and clarification 5pinDIN.

I did not realize the S90XS post-dates the XS!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2017 @ 10:29 AM
Boogiebeau1
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06-06-2015

Thanks for your efforts ...
Disappointed the Arp Play Only ..  feature not there ..  as when I end a performance I usually turn off Arpeggio via my midi foot controller .. then don’t want the drum to sound ..  I find it strange that the other the other non Drpc categories don’t sound. 

I guess I can set the pedal to also turn off/mute the drum Part if I don’t find a way around. 

Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Signal is Gone
Next Topic:

Lowest note bass ››