mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need Basic User instructions for MOXF flash memory; Want to Load a mp3 or .wav sample"

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 04:20 PM
pianoguy
Total Posts:  31
Joined  11-18-2005

I’m having trouble finding basic file loading instructions for the already installed 512K flash memory in my MOXF.

I need a refresher on the basic 1-2-3 steps in taking an mp3 or .wav file and loading it in so I can play it with a single key on the synth.

Have done it before, and remember it’s not that easy; and that the ORDER of the loading steps is very important.
There was a link to this; Just can’t find it. (Somewhat embarrassing)

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 04:24 PM
sinisa
Joined  11-14-2014

http://www.yamahasynth.com/blog/moxf-flash-board

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 04:38 PM
pianoguy
Joined  11-18-2005

Thank you, sinsa. I saw this link, but I’m not able to decipher it, as it is very wordy and seems to discuss mainly loading Entire Libraries. 
There was something I have seen in the past that told how to load the file step by step, in order that you can then assign the wave form to a User patch and play it.
I am rather technically challenged, which is why this is embarrassing.

Am okay with LOADING the file from USB to the waveform number and the note key (C3).
However once this is done I can’t figure out how to ACCESS the sound and PLAY it from the C3 key (i.e. find it, and assign it to a user patch in order to play.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 05:43 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
pianoguy - 20 April 2017 04:20 PM

[...]I need a refresher on the basic 1-2-3 steps in taking an mp3 or .wav file and loading it in so I can play it with a single key on the synth. [...]

You can’t load an MP3 file to your MOXF.

You can load a .WAV or AIFF, as long as it’s 16-bit, 44.1kHz, or less. There are a few ways to do that. One method is described on page 13 of this:
http://www.easysounds.eu/MOXF_FlashGuide_en.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
pianoguy
Joined  11-18-2005

Thank you , 5pin.  I do have this manual which explains how to deal with banks of sounds. I only need to play one .wav sound at a time from different user patches.

The problem is after I load the .wav file to a waveform number and key position, I can’t then locate it to play it.

Somehow I’ll need to assign this waveform information to a user performance or voice patch in order to pull up and play it from the C3 key, but can’t figure out the steps to make this assignment.

I need instructions on how to pull up that single waveform to work with.n Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 06:48 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I suggest that you reread the page I referred to. The information you’re asking for is there.

Specifically, after you’ve transferred your .WAV to a Waveform on the flash module, it can be found in the ”user” Wave Bank.

See Element Edit beginning on page 38 of the MOXF Reference Manual, with Wave Bank and WaveNumber info on page 39.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
pianoguy
Joined  11-18-2005

will do. Thank you!

P.S. Uhhh....it helped to finally realize I had to have the Common button pressed!
Have always been a piano/organ guy.....the synth stuff gets me every time!!
Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 08:21 PM
pianoguy
Joined  11-18-2005

Also found a simple to understand video explaining the answer to my question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqlVWMd6Ovk

Thanks for input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2017 @ 09:40 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome. I’m glad you found an explanation that resolves the issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ External Midi Device and audio input
Next Topic:

GalaxyEP voice like PSR S770/970 ››