mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Upgrading from MO6 to MOXF6"

Posted on: December 14, 2016 @ 10:49 AM
Lamotte
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-14-2016

Hello, sorry if this subject had been discussed before, I couldn´t find on the archive.
My question is very simple: can I transfer my performances, user voices, arpeggios from my MO6 to MOXF6? At least parciality? What will I lose in process?
THank you
Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2016 @ 12:25 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
Lamotte - 14 December 2016 10:49 AM

Hello, sorry if this subject had been discussed before, I couldn´t find on the archive.
My question is very simple: can I transfer my performances, user voices, arpeggios from my MO6 to MOXF6? At least parciality? What will I lose in process?
THank you
Regards

Hi, you can convert them via Melas Total Librarian for MOXF (also check bundle options for other useful tools).
I cannot promise but I suppose that results will be near to 100%.I had good experiences with MOX>MOXF custom patch migration. 
I’m afraid there are no other ways - except manual migration/recreation of course.
Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2016 @ 12:28 PM
jozsihome
Joined  11-28-2015

(sorry, a post duplicate created here, see above my post)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2016 @ 01:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jozsihome - 14 December 2016 12:25 PM

Hi, you can convert them via Melas Total Librarian for MOXF (also check bundle options for other useful tools).
I cannot promise but I suppose that results will be near to 100%.

I have the 2.4.0 demo version of the JM MOXF Total Librarian. I see no indication that it can import any MO files. If you have other information, please post a list of the MO file extensions which can be imported.

jozsihome -

I had good experiences with MOX>MOXF custom patch migration.

MOX files are directly compatible with the MOXF, so while Melas works, why did you need it to do MOX>MOXF?

---
Some perhaps interesting information:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469833/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/converting_motif_es_and_mo6_mo8_data_to_the_motif_xs_and_motif_xf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2016 @ 02:18 PM
jozsihome
Joined  11-28-2015
5pinDIN - 14 December 2016 01:08 PM

I have the 2.4.0 demo version of the JM MOXF Total Librarian. I see no indication that it can import any MO files. If you have other information, please post a list of the MO file extensions which can be imported.

I mixed up several thing. I checked it in the TOTAL LIBRARIAN, and it can import nativ files as follows:
x0a x0v x0e – XS
x1e – XS rack
x2a x2v –
x3a x3v – XF
x4a x4v – MOX
x5a –
x6a x6v – MOXF
(At the moment I can’t identify x2* and x5a formats.)
There is no W7*, so I was wrong even is I was sure.

5pinDIN - 14 December 2016 01:08 PM

MOX files are directly compatible with the MOXF, so while Melas works, why did you need it to do MOX>MOXF?

I mixed up several situations in my life with the motif series, I have had several models (ES Rack, MO, MOX, MOXF and I used an XS for a while). Pls. ignore this.

Sorry for the wrong info and thanks for correction.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2016 @ 02:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jozsihome - 14 December 2016 02:18 PM

Sorry for the wrong info and thanks for correction.

No problem, I just didn’t want Lamotte to be misled.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2016 @ 06:09 AM
jozsihome
Joined  11-28-2015

A definite update from JM: “none of my XS/XF Tools convert sounds from ES series”. 
That’s a bit strange as - according to Yamaha FAQ descriptions - MOTIF XS and XF themselves can read ES files with certain limitatons.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2016 @ 10:11 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Hardly strange...the XS and XF can load ES voices directly...why bother to do such conversion in the Melas tools. The free Yamaha XS and XF editors can do it too.

I have Motif Classic, ES and MO voices in XF format. The Classic voices were converted to ES format back when I had one, and then all the MO and ES stuff was converted when I got the XF.

The problem with the MOXF is it can’t import XS or XF Editor files...only import it’s own format. Otherwise you’d be home free because you could use the free Yamaha editors to do all the needed conversions. 

Now if you know someone who owns an XF or a music store that still has one on the floor, you could import the MO files and save as XF All files which can be loaded into a MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2017 @ 11:32 AM
deleted account
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-02-2016

>At the moment I can’t identify x2* and x5a formats<

x2a x2v – S90XS
x5a – MX

:)

[ Ignore ]