mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage Lite?"

Posted on: November 26, 2016 @ 11:04 AM
moxfman
Total Posts:  80
Joined  03-13-2016

I stopped by the Yamaha Music London store while working up in London the other day, and played on a Montage for the first time.

Awesome piece of equipment but it’s far too big and bulky (not to mention too expensive!) for me to even consider as a gigging instrument.

Is it likely that at some point Yamaha will bring out a ‘lite’ version of the Montage? Like we’ve seen with MO/MOX/MOXF range derived from the Motif series?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2017 @ 07:36 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

I wouldn’t mind a 76 note weighted lite version of a montage. Something that weighs only 15kg like the moxf 8. Things I wouldn’t like taken out are ribbon controller, sliders, and both synth engines, and of course the magic blue knob. There is not really much around 2nd hand and I would buy new except I don’t want a 30kg keyboard that breaks my back nor a 61 note that has no piano feel. Oh well, maybe I can find a cheap moxf 8 second hand, although I do really like the concept of having just 1 performance mode

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Walking Bass Midi
Next Topic:

About Power MAC G4 CUBE ››