mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling a filter sweep"

Posted on: December 25, 2016 @ 10:54 PM
chensa
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-04-2004

So I have this filter sweep that I’ve programmed that does it’s thing...basically goes up...hangs out for a few seconds, then falls.

Can I assign a knob or something to enable me to completely control the sweep so that I can make the sweep less or more in real time?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2016 @ 05:43 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016
chensa - 25 December 2016 10:54 PM

So I have this filter sweep that I’ve programmed that does it’s thing...basically goes up...hangs out for a few seconds, then falls.

Can I assign a knob or something to enable me to completely control the sweep so that I can make the sweep less or more in real time?

Thanks.

You can program the ribbon controller, the mod wheel, or one of the assignable knobs to control cutoff at the voice level (common edit).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2016 @ 10:37 PM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

I thought so, but I haven’t been able to make it work.  I’ve been using the FEG to create the sweep, do I use one of those ATK, DC1 DC2 as the Destination? Because it doesn’t seem to be working.  And I don’t simply want to play with the cutoff frequency because it’s not the desired effect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 01:23 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Take a look a TrncHook located in Pre6 A11, a one Element Voice.

Notice: Common Edit>Ctrl Set>Set 1/2. Source=MW, Dest=FLT-Frq, Depth= -14.
In this set the Mod Wheel opens the filter when advanced towards the player. To reverse: set the depth to a positive number, +32. Edit the Element FEG, lower Cuttoff to 100. Now the Mod Wheel opens the filter when advanced away from the player.
This can be applied with sources other than the Mod Wheel,eg: Ribbon, BC, AS1 etc.
You’ll need to reset the Filter of your previously edited Voice so It doesn’t change over time.

Post back with any questions.
Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 10:06 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Now I’m confused...why is using the dedicated cutoff knob not the desired effect?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2016 @ 09:11 PM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

Ok, so maybe I should share an example of the desired effect that I’m looking for. 

Please review the last “part” of Shine on you Crazy Diamond VI-IX.  I am trying to control the rising and falling sound that is similar to the synth that is accompanying the solo.  The Cutoff Frequency is not exactly the same unless someone can help me figure out how to make it do just that.  I have my sound doing those rises and falls on it’s own, but I would like to be able to have control over it so that it’s not “predictable”.  Make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2016 @ 12:49 AM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
meatballfulton - 27 December 2016 10:06 AM

Now I’m confused...why is using the dedicated cutoff knob not the desired effect?

I thought I wasn’t, kinda sorta maybe.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2016 @ 12:58 AM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
chensa - 27 December 2016 09:11 PM

Ok, so maybe I should share an example of the desired effect that I’m looking for. 

Please review the last “part” of Shine on you Crazy Diamond VI-IX.

Roughly where in time on the track?

When you mention your sound “rising and falling”, do you mean in pitch or tonality?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2016 @ 10:01 AM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

The last “part” also known as part IX also located beginning at 8:50. Here is a link https://youtu.be/bWPjYWgRdtM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2016 @ 03:34 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Unless I am mistaken, that is just a sweep of the cutoff frequency and was probably done by hand on the recording.

[ Ignore ]