mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif memory issues"

Posted on: December 11, 2016 @ 06:53 PM
andyb1
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-04-2015

Hi all
I have a problem with my motif ES every time I try to save an edited performance it says system. Memory crashed
I upgraded it to the. Newer operating system and ever since it hasn’t worked properly and it looks like all my edited voices have gone
Any ideas on how to sort this ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2016 @ 08:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

If you are saying that there was no problem before you did the OS update, then I would suggest that you try reinstalling it. You might want to get a fresh download of the OS, in case the one you have is corrupted.

“System memory crashed” indicates a failure of writing data to the ES’s flash ROM. If reinstalling the OS update doesn’t resolve the problem, this will likely require repair servicing by a qualified technician.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2016 @ 05:07 AM
andyb1
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-04-2015

5pin
Thanks for replying I have just tried the update it all went through but still it will not save an edited performance the same message appears so it looks like there is a problem with the flash rom doesn’t it
Do you anyone that can have a look at it for me at all ?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2016 @ 11:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A failure after doing an OS update (that isn’t corrected by reinstallation of the OS) will require servicing by Yamaha. See the last page of the ES Owner’s Manual for contact information for your location.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Rack ES arpeggio problem
Next Topic:

Chronic note delay Motif-Rack ES PLG150-VL ››