mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif’s converters a/d d/a and external audio interface question"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 05:53 AM
vitamusic
Total Posts:  31
Joined  07-25-2016
5pinDIN - 24 November 2016 10:20 PM
philwoodmusic - 24 November 2016 10:02 PM

[...] When struggling with gear acquisition syndrome or the need to use the best, If one asks one’s self “Will this improve my music?” the answer is commonly NO and the bank account usually looks better, or at least no worse. [...]

Agreed - there are a lot of things that make much more of a difference than using the latest/greatest gear. If anyone needs proof of that, the PBS “soundbreaking” series should be convincing.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478263/
Catch episodes online if broadcasts were missed or unavailable.

sorry but my question is not here at all…

I just need to know motifs AI specs that’s all
as I asked before, perhaps you could give the adress of technical person from Yamaha.

I hope well that the technicals specifications of yamaha products (motif included) are tested before sales and before production ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 09:09 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
vitamusic - 25 November 2016 05:42 AM

my question is not the history of recording.
I have the professional clients that are not agree with the quality of my sound card for recording, mixing and mastering.
they want more details and precision on recording piano, ac.guitar, vocal,… as well as mastering transparence and mixing precision of 0.2dB.
even if I have a control room with balanced reverberation time on all frequencies, adams and auratones,.. the bottleneck is the soundcard.

in your messages you propose to close the eyes on tech specs and deep in history of music recording, I just would like to know the tech specs.

Once more…

If the mLAN16E2/XS8 is the limiting factor in the quality of your recordings, its unlikely that specs would reveal the cause. Yamaha probably doesn’t publish detailed specs because they are aware that some people rely too much on such data.

perhaps, you can give me the contact of a technical person from yamaha who can provide me with these specs ?

thanks

Perhaps Bad Mister (Phil Clendeninn) can put you in contact with someone at Yamaha.

You can reach him by posting in forums at https://yamahasynth.com/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 01:05 PM
MapleCarbine
Total Posts:  40
Joined  12-11-2015

vitamusic,

I hope this comes off polite because it’s supposed to be.

I think Phil’s questions are excellent questions given that you don’t seem to have much of an idea how to do anything, despite having what you call professional clients.

I’d take a large bet that your operation is hobbyist at best given the kind of things you are saying and the kind of issues you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about, and there’s nothing wrong with that either.

If you can’t get an idea of what’s what from 5PinDin or philwoodmusic, you’re doing it wrong, or your attitude to technology is in need of some adjustment.

Your posts reveal everything about where you’re really at with music production.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 01:31 PM
vitamusic
Joined  07-25-2016
5pinDIN - 25 November 2016 09:09 AM

Perhaps Bad Mister (Phil Clendeninn) can put you in contact with someone at Yamaha.

can you give me its email, please?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 01:33 PM
vitamusic
Joined  07-25-2016
MapleCarbine - 25 November 2016 01:05 PM

vitamusic…

it seems that this forum is to help motif’s user, isn’t it ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 02:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
vitamusic - 25 November 2016 01:31 PM
5pinDIN - 25 November 2016 09:09 AM

can you give me its email, please?

I don’t have his email address. Probably the easiest way to contact him is through the yamahasynth forums, as I previously suggested.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 03:55 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

I have the professional clients that are not agree with the quality of my sound card for recording, mixing and mastering.
they want more details and precision on recording piano, ac.guitar, vocal,… as well as mastering transparence and mixing precision of 0.2dB.
even if I have a control room with balanced reverberation time on all frequencies, adams and auratones,.. the bottleneck is the soundcard.

Unfortunately, just owning what you think is the best gear doesn’t entitle you to make great sounding records.

If you’d like to partake in some internet bravado, I’ve worked on mixes for two multi Grammy Award winning artists this year.  If you would like to upload one of your problematic mixes, I’ll tell you what I think, for free, just this once.

Consider it a holidays gesture which may save you a lot of money.

How’s that for good value help on a forum which doesn’t like helping folks out?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 07:13 PM
vitamusic
Joined  07-25-2016
philwoodmusic - 25 November 2016 03:55 PM

Unfortunately, just owning what you think is the best gear doesn’t entitle you to make great sounding records.

If you’d like to partake in some internet bravado, I’ve worked on mixes for two multi Grammy Award winning artists this year.  If you would like to upload one of your problematic mixes, I’ll tell you what I think, for free, just this once.

Consider it a holidays gesture which may save you a lot of money.

How’s that for good value help on a forum which doesn’t like helping folks out?

interesting proposal )
could I observe by internet (skype or other) your working process for one of the mixes you are actually doing? with your explanations on each decision you do. it would be fruitfull for me to learn from your experience.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 08:11 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

As cool as Skype would be, I can’t let anyone listen because I’m under an NDA and my career would be over if something was leaked.  I also can’t really spare the time for that either.

I am happy to take 20 minutes out of my life and give your mix a good listen and then tell you what I think.  If you don’t want to upload it publicly here, you can send me a message privately.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 08:23 PM
vitamusic
Joined  07-25-2016
philwoodmusic - 25 November 2016 08:11 PM

As cool as Skype would be, I can’t let anyone listen because I’m under an NDA and my career would be over if something was leaked.  I also can’t really spare the time for that either.

I am happy to take 20 minutes out of my life and give your mix a good listen and then tell you what I think.  If you don’t want to upload it publicly here, you can send me a message privately.

ok I understand you. I’m interested in sending you 3-4 my mixes in different styles by private message and in some weeks, it is not finished yet. They are also under NDA so I’ll be obliged to make you sign a NDA too. If you have a draft in English send me it please by PM, this avoids me to translate it from russian ))
thank you for comprehension

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 09:13 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

OK then.

The best thing to do is put the tracks up on a Soundcloud page and make the page private, then you can send me a link, that way you can limit the time in which I have to access them as well.

I’m not listening to tell you if I think your mixes are good.  I expect good mixes, but what I’m interested in the most, is how your clients have managed to pick out the Motif XS firewire interface as a problem.

I’ve read what you’ve already said about it, but I would like to hear it.

If you like, why not record a short clip of audio from the XS in addition to that?. 

Maybe use one of the demo songs to provide this discussion with some problematic audio and recreate the problem? Then you can upload it here for everyone to hear.

Sometimes, it’s worth throwing it out there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2016 @ 10:05 PM
vitamusic
Joined  07-25-2016
philwoodmusic - 25 November 2016 09:13 PM

OK then.

The best thing to do is put the tracks up on a Soundcloud page and make the page private, then you can send me a link, that way you can limit the time in which I have to access them as well.

I’m not listening to tell you if I think your mixes are good.  I expect good mixes, but what I’m interested in the most, is how your clients have managed to pick out the Motif XS firewire interface as a problem.

I’ve read what you’ve already said about it, but I would like to hear it.

If you like, why not record a short clip of audio from the XS in addition to that?. 

Maybe use one of the demo songs to provide this discussion with some problematic audio and recreate the problem? Then you can upload it here for everyone to hear.

Sometimes, it’s worth throwing it out there.

I collaborate with musicians and many of them understand better than me in hardware. They could test many AIs during last 20 years and they have good ears.

later I’ll do comparative tests and perhaps put some samples here.
my friend can give me its good Lynx for tests, and I want also to try RME UCX and something from UA.

a sad news is that more I play on MotifXS less I use its ton generator and other functionalities, only as midi keyboard and remote control.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB issue - motif xs
Next Topic:

MOTIF XS8 as control surface (remote mode) ››