mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Groove is in the Heart - Samples"

Posted on: November 09, 2016 @ 04:52 PM
riodanno
Total Posts:  15
Joined  12-21-2011

Hey All -

Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get the samples for the song Groove is in the Heart.

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2016 @ 11:36 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Are you asking about finding samples used in the Dee-Lite tune of that name?

From Wikipedia:

Samples used[edit]
This is an incomplete list of samples used in the song.[5]

Bel-Sha-Zaar with Tommy Genapopoluis and the Grecian Knights - “Introduction” from the album The Art of Belly Dancing, 1969, Gateway: GSLP 3527 (intro music, vocal sample: “We’re going to dance, and have some fun")
Herbie Hancock – “Bring Down the Birds” from the soundtrack album Blowup, 1966 (bassline)
Vernon Burch – “Get Up” from the album Get Up (drums, crowd noise, slide whistle)
Ray Barretto – “Right On” from the album Barretto Power, 1972 (cowbell)
Theme from the TV series Green Acres (vocal sample: looped “I” sample ("I-i-i-i-i-i"), sung by Eva Gabor)
Ralph MacDonald – “Jam on the Groove” from the album Sound of a Drum, 1976 (percussion)
Billy Preston – “Uptight” from the album Wildest Organ in Town!, 1966 (breakbeat under rap by Q-Tip)
The Headhunters – “God Make Me Funky” from the album Survival of the Fittest, 1975 (drum fill)

You can probably find most of those tracks on YouTube. The Greek belly dancing music...eh, probably not going to be easy ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Commercial Vs Promo Sound Libraries - $ vs Free
Next Topic:

Montage Bosendorfer ››