mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha ES Sampler problems"

Posted on: November 07, 2016 @ 02:59 AM
nickdundas
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-25-2016

Hi There,

After upgrading ram and a couple of plug in boards my sampler started acting up.  I can record but when I play back it is this super harsh digital noise.  I had been using the sampler successfully before but after installing the RAM and PLG board this seems to be happening.

What appears on the screen waveform wise looks right, when you hit a note it is a terrible noise. In the past I would say sample rate, but I have tried device from mixer, direct input, resample, everything gives me the same result.

Hope this is an easy fix.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2016 @ 09:51 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

A common cause is incompatible SDRAM (DIMMs). If you still have the DIMMs that worked, I’d suggest reinstalling them. If the problem is then resolved, it verifies that the new DIMMs don’t meet requirements for the ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2016 @ 10:07 AM
nickdundas
Joined  10-25-2016

in this case i purchased the ram from motifator shop about 1 week ago.  thank you for your help !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2016 @ 10:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s my understanding that memory sold by the Motifator Shop is fully guaranteed. If the memory proves to be incompatible, I suspect every effort will be made to resolve the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2016 @ 09:05 PM
nickdundas
Joined  10-25-2016

how careless of me, as a matter of fact I just shipped the ram back today no questions asked.

In the past few weeks I was so lucky, I picked up an ES 8 for 300 dollars fully guaranteed for a year and I just so happened to have an AN200 as well, so I put the board in and brought memory and of course it turns out the ES 8 already had memory.  1 gig of it to boot.  The funny part was I wanted to buy a midi keyboard and the store had this, so I am just learning it. 

The sampler is awesome, it is so easy to use, I have a load of other synths and drum machines, also bitwig studio so integrating it all together is fun to say the least.  Thank you again for your help.

I purchased the arp manager as well and many other add ons from the store.  Never realized this is quite the beast.

[ Ignore ]