mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Videos to understand synthesizer parameters and technical terms"

Posted on: October 24, 2016 @ 11:40 PM
gpjoshua
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-16-2016

Hi can anybody help me with Videos or you tube links to understand parameters and technical terms.
I am just referring to Yamaha systhesizer parameter manual v2010.
As I am new to Synthesizer and trying to learn functions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 07:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
purcell - 25 October 2016 04:24 AM

-------------------------------------------
MOXF os UPDATE V1.11

Did you update the latest OS already?
Is there a way to find your current OS version?
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
The number after “FIRM” is you current system.
Currently it is V 1.11 .............
----------------------------------------------
V1.11
https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=4483&Itemid=851
---------------------------------------------------

Please don’t post inaccurate information, purcell.

Not that it’s related to gpjoshua‘s question, but the most recent MOXF OS is version 1.12

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?category_id1=16277&product_id=1816956&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=68251

EDIT: I’m leaving the above in place, even though the post it quotes has been removed, because the information about the OS update might be valuable to some users.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 09:41 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

There are Motif-centric videos available from the Motifator shop. The one called Sound Advice covers sound programming in particular, while there is one that covers overall operation of your MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 10:02 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

In addition to DVDs, the videos suggested by meatballfulton are available as downloads:
http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/sound-advice-download-only.html
http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/moxf-download-only.html

Those and other downloadable videos from Keyfax:
http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/instruction/downloadable-video.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 04:33 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

Hi Purcell,
While I recognize your efforts to improve the knowledge base of the community your communication is hard to decode. You should know that your fragmented and a bit angry style is quite uncommon in any thematic forum. That exactly refers your “colour of your sound”. And you’re wrong at most of the points such as,
- I don’t think tutorial are DVD-s extremely expensive
- Structure of MOXF or any MOTIF architecture version is really far from chaos. It is logical and well designed - except some points that I also hate :-)
- You never (I say NEVER) need to understand and use 100% of the capabilities of this machine. Get your 20% slice that you need and be happy :-)
Make more music and less debate.
:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 12:05 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I’d like to mention that I have owned a lot of other synthesizers made within the last decade and guess what: all of them have user forums devoted to them full of help requests for the same reason...these instruments are complex!

There are two things that can contribute to the steep learning curve:

1. It’s your first synthesizer
2. Your previous synths were not Yamaha (i.e. you are used to how Korg or Roland do things)

The reference manuals are just that, for reference. For tutorials users need to turn to the videos, articles posted here and of course asking questions in the forum.

I came here in 2005 trying to learn how to use my new Motif ES.  I was once just like everyone else who comes here confused and frustrated. I ended up buying a Keyfax DVD and downloading a lot of “Power User” articles that have been posted here. With the addition of helpful forum members I was able to get up and running. I am still learning new things about the Motif because I have yet to try every single feature of the machine.

Just be patient, we’ll do our best to help fellow users as much as we can.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 02:51 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
meatballfulton - 27 October 2016 12:05 PM

Just be patient, we’ll do our best to help fellow users as much as we can.

Note that you are a curious type of user who “have yet to try every single feature of the machine” and I do not think that every MOXF user should do the same. Users may have a musical target or vision and try to realize them via functionality of the instrument. And this can be absolutely successful without learning every feature.
Otherwise: deeply agree. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2016 @ 03:26 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m fairly sure it’s typical of most users to first learn how to accomplish a particular thing because they have a specific need for it. Many probably don’t dive in more deeply until the next need rises. It’s human nature to not waste personal energy.

On the other hand, some of us apparently have free time available to try things that they don’t have an immediate application for, then reply to questions on the forum. It’s a relationship that’s usually beneficial to both parties.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2016 @ 01:46 AM
gpjoshua
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-16-2016
meatballfulton - 25 October 2016 09:41 AM

There are Motif-centric videos available from the Motifator shop. The one called Sound Advice covers sound programming in particular, while there is one that covers overall operation of your MOXF.

thanks..i have purchased the sound advice videos. thats what i was exactly looking for but felt lengthy. need to find time.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Drum Kit directly into MOXF?
Next Topic:

Choir pads ››