mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Left Hand Hold possible in MOXF6 ?"

Posted on: October 15, 2016 @ 09:14 AM
anilsahin
Total Posts:  15
Joined  04-30-2015

Dear Friends,

Now and then I try to play ‘etheric/ambient’ melodies ‘live’ on MOXF6.

I create a performance and split the keyboard.
Then I assign a PAD-Voice to my left hand for the chords
and a Mono-Synth-Voice to my right hand for the melody.

But as soon as I take my left hand off the keyboard for modulation or pitch bend, the chords I play on the left part stop immediately.

I have even tried to assign a dummy arpeggio to the left part, to keep it rolling.
Even that did not work.

Is there a function to tell MOXF to keep the last played notes (or chord) on the left part, even when I take my hand off the keys?

(Like a ‘Left-Hold’ button on a Tyros ? )

Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Anil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2016 @ 09:28 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

The most simple way is to use sustain pedal (FC4 or FC3) and to assign sustain for pad voice that you played on the left side of keyboard.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2016 @ 03:04 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
anilsahin - 15 October 2016 09:14 AM

...Is there a function to tell MOXF to keep the last played notes (or chord) on the left part, even when I take my hand off the keys?....

One method is to make Edits...at the ELEMENT level...in VOICE Mode, to the Amplitude Envelope Generator (AEG).  Then STORE this as a USER VOICE, and bring it into the PERFORMANCE, SONG, or PATTERN as a PART.

See the attached image, which comes from page 22 of the Synthesizer Parameter Manual.  Refer to the Manual for more information on this and other AEG edits.

Note that the setting I (release time) determines how long the sound will continue after the key (note) is released.

Adjust this parameter per ELEMENT, as desired.  See [SF3] AEG (Amplitude EG), page 44 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

Image Attachments
AEG Chart.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 11:35 AM
anilsahin
Total Posts:  15
Joined  04-30-2015

Thank you both friends…
I will try a pedal, but I would also like to play around with the ‘release’ parameter.

Maybe a long release (with a soft fade out effect) could be a better solution than ‘hold’

Best regards
Anil Sahin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 01:29 PM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015

Hi Anilsahin, with all respect for the useful post of cmayhle, for pads, using a pedal will be better, I think. Be aware with release time. For a lead (mono-poly setting is mono), long release means that there will be no silence between solo sections and you can program even nice modulation effects for the time you don’t touch the keyboard. That’s cool, really. Next time you press a key former sound ceases. No problem.
But if you program a polyphony voice such as a typical pad chord, you must tune EG to the structure of the song. So if you have a permanently 1/4 chord change pattern you can rely on a simply EG with good timing (both for volume and filter EG for getting an impressive voice). The same solution will not be suitable when frequency of chord changes, well changes… I hope you understand. :-) So you if you have a 2/4 1/4 1/4 rhythm pattern using a steady long release can be confusing. I vote for the switch pedal in the latter situation. Otherwise use both, what is better in for the moment. Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2016 @ 01:56 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

If you can find a suitable arpeggio to use, there is a [Hold] that you can set to ‘on’ (other options are ‘off’ and ‘sync-off’).
I just did a quick test here and it does follow you to the performance once you’ve set it for the voice.

I’m a bit short of time here so can’t find how to get there through the menus, but on the editor it’s at the top left corner of the arp tab, next to the on-switch [Sw]

D’OH, no menu diving, the 4 buttons bottom right are for ARP Hold!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ [SF6] NUM - Can it be used to select Voices?
Next Topic:

LOAD & USE WAV SAMPLE ››