mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Accessing a Voice’s faders while in Performance?"

Posted on: October 17, 2016 @ 06:22 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Hi. Consider a Performance compromised of two Voices. ... Is it possible to access and adjust the faders of one Voice, while in Performance mode, and hearing both Voices?

In this scenario, faders 1-8 are controlling the volume levels of elements 1-8 (of one of the Voices). I’m looking for confirmation, as I suspect it is not possible.

Always grateful to this forum,

dsetto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2016 @ 12:03 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

No, you cannot address VOICE ELEMENTS while in PERFORMANCE Mode.

However, in a SONG or PATTERN MIXING, your can drop a PART into full VOICE Edit while remaining in MIXING Mode, and STORE these Edits as a MIX VOICE (up to 16 per MIXING).

You can review This Document if that would be helpful to you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2016 @ 06:19 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Thank you. I believe that when in a MIXING (song or pattern), the physical faders are unable to control the 8 elements of one of the parts of the MIXING. Correct?

The application is B3 emulation using the XF7. (I’ve got a good sounding, good control situation happening - even if it’s not the most streamlined, typical approach.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2016 @ 07:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

This support article covers the issue of what the Control Sliders do in various modes:
https://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/organ_footages_explained

It also gets somewhat into the usage of AF1/2, AS1/2, and RB as alternate means of controlling Element levels.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using S80 Voices
Next Topic:

Motif XF Pitch/Tune Problem After Loading X3A File ››