mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Splits to different midi channels"

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 02:27 PM
bhart05
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-27-2014

I want to have the left side of a split go to a different MIDI channel than the right. I understand performances can only go to one MIDI channel, so I need to use Song or Pattern mode and using a Mixing, right? I’m probably missing something obvious, but it seems that only the track that is currently selected plays, and I need both sides to play simultaneously. What am I missing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 03:25 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Sorry, but it’s not clear (at least to me) what you want to do. Normally if the object is to play both sides of a split from the XF’s keyboard, both Parts would be set to the same Receive Channel.

Please describe what you’re trying to accomplish in more detail. Does it involve external MIDI gear (a second keyboard, etc.)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 04:14 PM
bhart05
Joined  03-27-2014

I play live with an acoustic bass voice on the left half and piano on the right. I’m essentially trying to lay these down in Pro Tools on separate tracks without having to record the two parts separately. I’m recording MIDI tracks so that I can make small edits as necessary.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 04:28 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
bhart05 - 21 October 2016 04:14 PM

I play live with an acoustic bass voice on the left half and piano on the right. I’m essentially trying to lay these down in Pro Tools on separate tracks without having to record the two parts separately. I’m recording MIDI tracks so that I can make small edits as necessary.  Thanks!

Only in MASTER Mode can you address multiple MIDI channels simultaneously.

Using a SONG or PATTERN MIXING allows you to address multiple MIDI channels, but only one at a time.

You must associate the MIXING with a MASTER to be able to utilize the ability to play on multiple channels at the same time, using activated ZONES.

See my post and links in This Thread.  The document linked is the starting point, but we don’t yet know how much you know about the topic...so let us know!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 04:42 PM
bhart05
Joined  03-27-2014

I searched for this kind of info earlier but couldn’t find it. It looks like this link contains what I need to know. Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 04:51 PM
bhart05
Joined  03-27-2014

I haven’t revisited the manual in a long while (there’s a lot to absorb there), and thought Master mode was just a quick way to access your favorite voices, performances, etc. Obviously there’s a lot more there!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2016 @ 05:17 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As cmayhle has suggested, Master mode is the way to go for your purposes. By the way, for splits with the Zone switch on, you don’t have to set up Receive Channel or Note Limits in Pattern/Song mode if you’re not going to play the split in those modes - you can just set up the Zone channels and Note Limits in the Master.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2016 @ 01:54 AM
bhart05
Joined  03-27-2014

Success!! Thanks, guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi and audio
Next Topic:

Waveform Full..... ››