mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No sound when u change over user performance banks"

Posted on: October 18, 2016 @ 01:30 AM
gpjoshua
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-16-2016

hello i am new to workstation so far i had been using arranger type. i am slowly learning various functions of moxf. when i switch over from user 1 bankb a01 to a02 sound is abruptly cutoff until you press the keys again. i did not experience such issue in psr s770. there previous user voices will be sustained until u press the key. can anyone help me? i play in church where we use various voices/performances.

thanks
paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2016 @ 02:00 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

What you’re experiencing is normal operation. Here is a way to avoid that:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2016 @ 04:47 AM
gpjoshua
Joined  10-16-2016
5pinDIN - 18 October 2016 02:00 AM

Welcome to the forum.

What you’re experiencing is normal operation. Here is a way to avoid that:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

Thanks Guru for the quick reply. I am basically comparing registration memory of PST S770 (1 lower and 2 upper parts voices) to MOXF performance (4 parts)

So you say if we require switching without glitching, using the mixing program is the best option. but in the below example. if we channel part 7&8;to ch6, i am not getting any sound when we press part 7 or 8. this is again the problem while playing in the live.

PART 6 = Piano (CH.6) ‘Bb2’ and above *Insert Sw = on
PART 7 = new Strings (CH.6) ‘Bb2’ and above *Insert Sw = on
PART 8 = Bass (CH.6) ‘A2’ and below *Insert Sw = on

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2016 @ 11:33 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
gpjoshua - 18 October 2016 04:47 AM

[...] in the below example. if we channel part 7&8;to ch6, i am not getting any sound when we press part 7 or 8. this is again the problem while playing in the live.

PART 8 = Bass (CH.6) ‘A2’ and below *Insert Sw = on [...]

You have created a split, with the upper part layered and the three Parts receiving on MIDI channel 6. Pressing button [6] causes the keyboard to transmit on channel 6, which will allow you to play the split/layer. Pressing [7] will cause the keyboard to transmit on channel 7, but there will be no sound because you have assigned Part 7 to receive on channel 6. A similar thing happens with button [8]. This is normal operation.

What would you like to happen when pressing [7] or [8]?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2016 @ 02:29 AM
gpjoshua
Joined  10-16-2016
5pinDIN - 18 October 2016 11:33 AM
gpjoshua - 18 October 2016 04:47 AM

[...] in the below example. if we channel part 7&8;to ch6, i am not getting any sound when we press part 7 or 8. this is again the problem while playing in the live.

PART 8 = Bass (CH.6) ‘A2’ and below *Insert Sw = on [...]

You have created a split, with the upper part layered and the three Parts receiving on MIDI channel 6. Pressing button [6] causes the keyboard to transmit on channel 6, which will allow you to play the split/layer. Pressing [7] will cause the keyboard to transmit on channel 7, but there will be no sound because you have assigned Part 7 to receive on channel 6. A similar thing happens with button [8]. This is normal operation.

What would you like to happen when pressing [7] or [8]?

Thanks. it might be silly question. can we assign part 9,10,11 to midi receiving channel 7? if parts 6,7&8;is assigned to midi 6, i dont want to get mute if i accidentally press 7. otherwise if there are many layered parts, i need to remember which button should i not press.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2016 @ 11:03 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
gpjoshua - 19 October 2016 02:29 AM

[...]if parts 6,7&8;is assigned to midi 6, i dont want to get mute if i accidentally press 7. otherwise if there are many layered parts, i need to remember which button should i not press.

You could set the Transmit Channel for Tracks 7 and 8 to “6”. That way, pressing [7] or [8] will result in accessing the same split/layer as when pressing [6].

See page 78 of the MOXF Reference Manual, OUT CH.

However, I’m not sure that won’t result in other types of confusing operation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2016 @ 11:14 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Another possibility…

If you want layers to work with buttons in order, see my approach in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478070/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Every D note is very loud (intermittent issue)
Next Topic:

MIDI Drum Kit directly into MOXF? ››