mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to make a performance sound like Power Grand voice?"

Posted on: October 03, 2016 @ 08:20 AM
GentleGiant
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-16-2002

Hi, I want to play a song that has a Power Grand Piano voice together with another voice (doesn’t matter which) and figured performance mode would be most suitable, so I can have the power grand on one part, and the other voice on another part.

But I noticed that an initialized performance (Init Perf) sounds quite different than the voice in voice mode, although most parameters look the same. Tried to tweak it around but couldn’t get it right. So which parameters do I have to change (and to what) in order for the performance to sound more like the original power grand voice?

Or should I perhaps use voice mode and assign the other voice to one of the power-grand’s layers?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2016 @ 10:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The difference you’re hearing might relate to how effects are being applied. In the original Motif (Classic), Insertion Effects are limited to being applied to only one Part of a Performance. If the piano Voice is most important to you, then Insertion Effects should not be applied to the other Voice in the Performance.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/introducing_the_motif_classic_effects for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2016 @ 07:06 AM
GentleGiant
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-16-2002

Thanks!
So what I understand from what you’re saying, is that Insertion effects are applied to only one of the parts (in Init Perf that’s part 1). So that means the piano on part 1 should sound the same as it does in voice mode, no?

So what am I missing here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2016 @ 08:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

I suggest that you start with Power Grand being the only Part in a Performance, with Insertion Effects on, matching Voice mode. Then make sure that System Effects (Reverb and Chorus) match those of Power Grand in Voice mode, including Levels.

See [F6]-[SF1] Common Effect Connection on pages 130 (Voice Edit) and 169 (Performance Edit) of the Motif Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Change battery in my motif
Next Topic:

Broken keys/cleaning keyboard /restoration ››