mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Accessing sounds of MOXF8 in other keyboards"

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 09:11 AM
velmurugan
Total Posts:  24
Joined  09-12-2016

Hello,
I am having MOXF8.. I want to play tremolo on a single key.. It is very easy to play on 61 keys keyboard.. but I can’t able to play on this graded hammer keys.. so if we connect any midi keyboard(61 keys) to MOXF8 through midi connection, Can we access all sounds of MOXF8? Is it possible? Could you help me please? Thanks.. Have a great day..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 09:39 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to tremolo applied via aftertouch? If so, neither the MOXF6 nor the MOXF8 keybeds have aftertouch capability. In that case, an external MIDI keyboard having aftertouch can be connected to the MOXF. If the second keyboard has 5-pin-DIN MIDI-Out, it can be directly connected via MIDI cable to the MOXF’s MIDI-In. As long as the second keyboard is properly set up (MIDI transmit channel, etc.), what is selected on the MOXF should be able to be played.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 12:25 PM
velmurugan
Joined  09-12-2016

Thanks for your reply.. Tremolo is also available in preloaded arpeggio patterns on moxf8, but the expression was completely mismatching when it is played.. so i want to play it manually. and i am in need to access all sounds of moxf8 in other keyboard’s keys via midi connection.. Please let me know if this is feasible.. thank you..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 01:38 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
velmurugan - 30 September 2016 12:25 PM

Thanks for your reply..

You’re welcome.

velmurugan -

Tremolo is also available in preloaded arpeggio patterns on moxf8, but the expression was completely mismatching when it is played..

Are you referring to rapidly retriggering a note - a “trill”? In that case, please explain what you mean by “mismatching”.

velmurugan -

so i want to play it manually.

If you are referring to a trill, I agree that it would be more difficult to accomplish manually on hammer type keys as opposed to synth action.

velmurugan -

and i am in need to access all sounds of moxf8 in other keyboard’s keys via midi connection.. Please let me know if this is feasible.. thank you..

Anything that can be triggered by Note-On events on the MOXF can be played via the external keyboard, as long as the “sounds” have been selected on the MOXF.

If by “access all sounds of moxf8 in other keyboard’s keys via midi connection” you’re referring to selecting a Program, Bank, or Mode of the MOXF, that’s dependent on the capabilities of the other keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2016 @ 03:07 AM
velmurugan
Joined  09-12-2016

Hello,
Thanks again. I am not referring to a trill. I would like to play violin tremolo on moxf8 keyboard keys. Its really hard to repeat the same key at certain tempo on graded hammer keys.. thats why i asked u “how to use external keyboard keys with moxf sounds via midi connection?”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2016 @ 06:59 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, if you want to manually retrigger a note, that can certainly be done using an external keyboard. Connect MIDI-Out of external one to MIDI-In of MOXF, and make sure MIDI channels match.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2016 @ 07:44 AM
velmurugan
Joined  09-12-2016

Thank you..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HD500 midi to control part
Next Topic:

Level (Level Velocity Sensitivity) setting info ››