mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling Question on XF"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 09:25 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

If you don’t set the load option…
FL1 > None
...you will duplicate your Waveform(s) in the flash module.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

In case I duplicated or triplicated waveforms I suppose I can delete them ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2016 @ 09:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 21 September 2016 09:25 PM
5pinDIN -

FL1 > None

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

In case I duplicated or triplicated waveforms I suppose I can delete them ?

Yes, duplicated Waveforms can be deleted.

By the way, if quoting, please don’t remove attributions - it confuses things. I restored it above.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2016 @ 03:19 AM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 15 September 2016 09:15 AM
Venatt - 15 September 2016 12:02 AM

Ok, the waveform is there and the entire octave is there. Now how can I copy the sample to a voice, then select that voice so I can play the sample in song mode, not as a sequence but just playing it live ? save it so is available all the time, how can I accomplish this ?

You don’t have to “copy” the Waveform to a Voice. A Waveform on a flash module is available just like the preset ones in ROM.

When creating or editing a Voice, you can select the Wave for each Element of a Normal Voice or a Key of a Drum Voice. For a User Waveform, select Wave Bank USR (rather than PRE), then the Wave Number of your sample. Be sure to STORE the edited Voice.

Once you’ve stored the Voice, select it as a Part in a Song Mixing, and STORE the Song. (See Mixing Setup Procedure beginning on page 189 of the XF Reference Manual.)

How do I select the waveform for each Element of a Normal Voice o key of a Drum voice ?

On Song Mode I select USRDR A01 Power Standard Kit 1 on track 6, but I cannot locate the waveform . ALL I want to do is to manually play one of my samples on one of the keys on this track on this song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2016 @ 03:22 AM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 21 September 2016 07:36 AM
Venatt - 20 September 2016 11:59 PM

[...] The last thing I did was to work with my sample on my All File and saved as an All File, which I didn’t do the first time, but now I have a new problem, when I’m loading my all file it displays a message that says: Now installing to the Flash Expansion Memory Module and then it displays: Now Loading. [...]

Be careful about loading that “All” file multiple times.

FL1 > None

When I load my All file on my Motif XF6, the option None does NOT exist, there is only

FL1 and FL2 without sample, and Fl1 and FL2 with sample.  I scroll the wheel and that option of None is not available.

So something very weird is going on. Even though the XS I had to load the samples, it was way way easier and less confusing. The XF seems to be a total nightmare for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2016 @ 08:13 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 27 September 2016 03:19 AM

How do I select the waveform for each Element of a Normal Voice o key of a Drum voice ?

On Song Mode I select USRDR A01 Power Standard Kit 1 on track 6, but I cannot locate the waveform . ALL I want to do is to manually play one of my samples on one of the keys on this track on this song.

Did you edit a key of USRDR A01 to use your Waveform? If not, see pages 84 and 87 of the XF Reference Manual. In particular, (3) Wave Bank and (6) Wave Number will allow you to select your Waveform (on FL1) for one of the keys. Once the Drum Voice is edited and STORED, you can select and play it in Song mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2016 @ 08:35 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 27 September 2016 03:22 AM

When I load my All file on my Motif XF6, the option None does NOT exist, there is only

FL1 and FL2 without sample, and Fl1 and FL2 with sample.  I scroll the wheel and that option of None is not available.

So something very weird is going on. Even though the XS I had to load the samples, it was way way easier and less confusing. The XF seems to be a total nightmare for me.

You are looking at Save options, on the left side of the display. The LOAD options are on the right - the default settings are…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2
...but you can select “None” for FL1 (if your XF is running at least version 1.10 of the OS). See the right-hand column of page 16 of the XF Supplementary Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/53105).

Since with the XF there’s no need to reload an “All” file just to use your samples, the above won’t be an issue once Voices are edited to use your Waveform(s), as previously explained.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2016 @ 10:22 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 27 September 2016 08:35 AM
Venatt - 27 September 2016 03:22 AM

You are looking at Save options, on the left side of the display. The LOAD options are on the right - the default settings are…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2
...but you can select “None” for FL1 (if your XF is running at least version 1.10 of the OS). See the right-hand column of page 16 of the XF Supplementary Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/53105).

Since with the XF there’s no need to reload an “All” file just to use your samples, the above won’t be an issue once Voices are edited to use your Waveform(s), as previously explained.

Ooops you’re right, I was looking at the left side. SORRY!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 02:40 AM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004

Ok I read those pages, when I go to Edit Voice the Sample I made is not there when editing and trying to select it, but if I go to Flash memory it is there, so I have no idea what is going on. What I’m going to do is make a video of exactly what I’m doing, upload to youtube and post it here so somebody can tell what exactly is what I’m doing wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 08:00 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Venatt - 28 September 2016 02:40 AM

Ok I read those pages, when I go to Edit Voice the Sample I made is not there when editing and trying to select it, but if I go to Flash memory it is there, so I have no idea what is going on. [...]

If a Waveform is on a flash module (FL1 or FL2), it can be selected when editing a Voice.

If you go to Utility > Flash, what is the number of your Waveform? What is its name?

If you edit a Voice and set the Wave Bank to FL1, can you not set the Wave Number to that of your Waveform? The name of the Waveform should then appear below the selected Wave Number.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 06:50 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 28 September 2016 08:00 AM
Venatt - 28 September 2016 02:40 AM

Ok I read those pages, when I go to Edit Voice the Sample I made is not there when editing and trying to select it, but if I go to Flash memory it is there, so I have no idea what is going on. [...]

If a Waveform is on a flash module (FL1 or FL2), it can be selected when editing a Voice.

If you go to Utility > Flash, what is the number of your Waveform? What is its name?

If you edit a Voice and set the Wave Bank to FL1, can you not set the Wave Number to that of your Waveform? The name of the Waveform should then appear below the selected Wave Number.

The number of my waveforms in FL1 are 1,3 and 4. I think the problem is that No.1 and No. 4 have the same name and maybe that is why when editing a voice and doesn’t pick up the sample I want, even though it is there because I can audition it.

How can I rename the waveforms on the Flash Memory ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 07:33 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

The XF doesn’t care what the name of a Waveform is, it just helps humans identify them. If you want to rename a Waveform, it has to be copied to sample RAM, then the Rename Job can be applied, and finally the Waveform can be copied back to flash.

Sorry, we seem to be at an impasse, partly because you’re not responding completely to my questions. Perhaps someone else can offer further suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2016 @ 11:49 PM
Venatt
Joined  07-11-2004
5pinDIN - 30 September 2016 07:33 PM

The XF doesn’t care what the name of a Waveform is, it just helps humans identify them. If you want to rename a Waveform, it has to be copied to sample RAM, then the Rename Job can be applied, and finally the Waveform can be copied back to flash.

Sorry, we seem to be at an impasse, partly because you’re not responding completely to my questions. Perhaps someone else can offer further suggestions.

So far I’ve done everything you told me but I am missing something and I’m not blaming anybody, yes I can see the number of the waveforms, one is a orchestra hit and the other a stainway piano that originally uploaded to the XS. But for the one I want there is no sound even though it does sound on the FL1

Don’t worry, I will make a video and post it here so perhaps someone might be able to identify what the problem is.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2