mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Footswitch within Song / mixing mode"

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 12:41 AM
mgnsXF7
Total Posts:  14
Joined  08-30-2013

Hello!
I need to be able to have seemless transitions between sounds with my hands on the keys. Is there a way I can assign a footswitch to skip to the next sound within the Mixing mode?
Could someone give me a quick step by step please? :-)
Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 01:13 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

No, I don’t believe you are going to be able to advance through PARTS with a footswitch.  There is a rather exhaustive discussion of the topic in This Thread.

However, there are other ways to achieve seamless transitions hands-free. 

You will find some solutions in that thread which provide comparable results using alternate means.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 05:38 AM
mgnsXF7
Joined  08-30-2013

And if reaching up and touching a button is too much trouble (which I don’t believe it is) perhaps you should take up another instrument. How do you work the MW, the PB wheel, turn pages on your music (if you’re reading charts)… the “I have to have both hands on the keyboard” thing doesn’t fly either… (mostly that is just something to say) if both hands are on the keyboard it is not the time you want to change sounds. Finish what you are playing - change sounds. If you can’t do that in less than a 32nd note then you really should take up another hobby.

I found this one a bit harsh… I am at the moment rehearsing for a tour which requires me to change the sounds so quickly that reaching up for the buttons is not quick enough.

In this scenario I will use the SONG/MIXING mode for each song and the thread is suggesting I can use the footswitch to skip between SONGs. But between songs there is of course time to press a button, so that wasn’t much of a help, I’m afraid. (as suggested below)

Once you are ready to move to the second ‘song’, step on the Foot Switch and advance to the next MASTER setup which could call up a single VOICE, a single PERFORMANCE or yet another MIXING program that holds another set of instruments for this next ‘song’

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 10:01 AM
mgnsXF7
Joined  08-30-2013

Question #2:
Is there a way (in Mixing mode) to get the 1-16 buttons to react to the “receive channel”? So if I, say, layer 3 sounds to channel 1, can I can press button “2” instead of “4” to change sound?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 11:22 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

If you have three different PARTS set to Channel 1, then selecting any of those PARTS will take you to Channel 1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 11:27 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mgnsXF7 - 28 September 2016 10:01 AM

Question #2:
Is there a way (in Mixing mode) to get the 1-16 buttons to react to the “receive channel”? So if I, say, layer 3 sounds to channel 1, can I can press button “2” instead of “4” to change sound?

I presume in your example that Parts 1/2/3 are set to MIDI Receive Channel 1. In order to be able to use button [2] to select another “sound”, you’d have to change things slightly. For example, let’s say you wanted two layers of three Voices each…

1) For the first layer, place one of the Voices in Part 1, and the other two in Parts 5 and 6 respectively. Set each of those Parts to Receive Channel 1.
2) For a second layer, place Voices in Parts 2/3/4. Set each of those Parts to Receive Channel 2.

If you require additional layers, place Voices in non-consecutive Parts as needed, as in #1 - the last layer can be consecutive, as in #2.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 11:31 AM
mgnsXF7
Joined  08-30-2013

clever tip! Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2016 @ 06:30 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mgnsXF7 - 28 September 2016 11:31 AM