mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Many questions….."

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 10:21 PM
mjv4mox
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-24-2016

Hello, I’m new on this forum and even newer on my the moxf8 I just got home. Having major difficulties understanding the manuals I purchased the Discovering the Yamaha Mox download which has helped me out greatly, ty Phil
Phil brought up the “Bouncing HH” performance for a demo in user2: 012 -A12 He was using a Mox6, I cannot find the same Bouncing HH, is this because the moxf8 is different than the mox6? I was led to believe they were the same. Phil also used the phrase, “recalling so it’s back to factory” he quickly hit a button and continued. What did he do? I understand the whole Utility/Job thing to get back to factory settings, but Phil clearly did something, I feel is very useful but I have zero clue.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
ty
Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 11:02 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

There are many similarities between the MOX and MOXF, but the PERFORMANCE list is not one of them.

Keep in mind that the PERFORMANCES are, in fact, USER data.  Factory PERFORMANCES were created to essentially show what the machine is able to do.  Every custom PERFORMANCE you create will necessarily overwrite a given Factory PERFORMANCE, as all PERFORMANCE locations come with a Factory PERFOMANCE pre-installed.  They have simply been created as place-holders, examples of the machines capabilities.  Yamaha is hoping you purchased the machine to create your own PERFORMANCES (among other things), and took advantage of the provided PERFORMANCE BANKS to showcase some of the possibilities...instead of just leaving them blank.

Since the MOXF came out subsequent to the MOX, Yamaha took that opportunity to create many new USER PERFORMANCES.

PRESET data and USER data are very different animals.  PERFORMANCES are USER data.

If you would like to compare the PERFORMANCE lists (as well as many other attributes) for each of them yourself, they are contained within these two documents, respectively:

MOXF Data List

MOX Data List

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2016 @ 12:33 AM
mjv4mox
Joined  09-24-2016

Thanks for the response, I get it now.

I have another question if possible. When I layer a voice, i.e. grand piano and a string sound, and then want to use that layer to record a performance I lose the sound I created. Do you first have to save that layer in a user bank before you proceed to do a recording with that layer?
thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2016 @ 12:50 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
mjv4mox - 25 September 2016 12:33 AM

Thanks for the response, I get it now.

I have another question if possible. When I layer a voice, i.e. grand piano and a string sound, and then want to use that layer to record a performance I lose the sound I created. Do you first have to save that layer in a user bank before you proceed to do a recording with that layer?
thanks.

Once you have created a layer, you have created a PERFORMANCE.  You haven’t named or STORED it yet, but you are in PERFORMANCE Mode nonetheless.

I’m a little confused about what you are doing exactly from there.  In the absence of further information, let me suggest an Online Video for you to review.  It may provide some information you find useful, or it may provide the basis for you to give some more insight into your intentions, to help us address them more specifically.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2016 @ 01:38 AM
mjv4mox
Joined  09-24-2016

Thanks again. I’ve watched that video several times and I find Bert is jumping all over the place, covering so much in such a short time.
Forget the last post I made, I think I was wrong. I went back to my keyboard and tried it and it worked fine.
I do have an issue though. After I made a layer sound, performance, and proceeded to record it in pattern mode it worked great but when I stopped it to have a listen my layer sound was gone, also, when I pressed record again under the same section and number the screen asked me whether or not I wanted to replace or overdub. I choose replace because I wanted to replace my first recording and it didn’t work. I could hear my original recording while I played it again. It’s like everything just simply reset but my original recording was still there?????
I don’t get it,
frustrated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2016 @ 01:44 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mjv4mox - 24 September 2016 10:21 PM

[...] Phil brought up the “Bouncing HH” performance for a demo in user2: 012 -A12 He was using a Mox6, I cannot find the same Bouncing HH,[...]

If you’d like to have that particular Performance, you could load it from the MOX factory “All” file. See the first post from jazz.preest in this thread…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471526/
...download the ZIP file, and “Bouncing HH” is in MOXALL.X4A.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2016 @ 11:41 AM
mjv4mox
Joined  09-24-2016

Thank you purcell.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF - no midi Windows 10
Next Topic:

Powered Speaker ››