mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Use WAV in song help"

Posted on: September 23, 2016 @ 10:26 PM
deerwd60
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-23-2016

After many years away I’ve come back to Yamaha.  Please help.  I’ve got a recording saved as a WAV file on my flash memory.  It is 35MB.  I would like to load it and play along with a voice or performance.  Ideally I would like it to autoload into a song and play along with it.  I’ve read many articles and posts for days and am still without a clue.  Can someone please map it out for me?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 12:56 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

The first thing we need to pin down is what the materials you have worked through are, whether they are relevant, and if so, where you got stuck.

As an overview, perhaps the most straightforward way to utilize an XF WAV sample is to assign it to a Drum VOICE, and trigger it from a singe note (perhaps at the very lowest or highest end of the keyboard), which will then allow you to play along with it.

After placing the sample (Waveform) into a Drum VOICE, you will then place that VOICE as a PART in a PERFORMANCE, a SONG, or a PATTERN.  Additional VOICES can then be assigned as additional PARTS, and used for live play along with your WAV “loop”.

The steps to placing the WAV into the Drum VOICE are found in This Tutorial.

You may have already gone through this tutorial/PDF document, and if so we need to know how much made sense, and where you may have gotten stuck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 01:38 AM
deerwd60
Joined  09-23-2016

I didn’t look at that but will. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 08:24 PM
deerwd60
Joined  09-23-2016

Ok read the tutorial.  I saw how I can import a WAV to a Voice but I want to import one that is saved on my flash memory.  Two questions:
1. Can I import from my flash memory?  It will not show FL1 or FL2, only usb.
2. If I save the WAV on a usb and import it that way, does that usb have to be in ever time I want to use that WAV?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 08:56 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
deerwd60 - 24 September 2016 08:24 PM

Ok read the tutorial.  I saw how I can import a WAV to a Voice but I want to import one that is saved on my flash memory. [...]

Your initial post was confusing, at least to me. Are you saying that the 35 MB WAV is already on FL1 (or FL2)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2016 @ 10:46 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
deerwd60 - 24 September 2016 08:24 PM

Ok read the tutorial.  I saw how I can import a WAV to a Voice but I want to import one that is saved on my flash memory.  Two questions:
1. Can I import from my flash memory?  It will not show FL1 or FL2, only usb.
2. If I save the WAV on a usb and import it that way, does that usb have to be in ever time I want to use that WAV?

First, as 5pinDIN has noted, we need to establish that you have indeed STORED the audio sample you created on FL1 or FL2.

If your WAV is already on your Flash board, then it is ready to use.  USB is out of the mix at that point, since the sample data is already inside the machine.  You will go directly to your Flash Board to assign the waveform to your Drum VOICE.

Once you have called up the Drum VOICE you wish to place the clip into, you need to select the waveform.  To do this, refer to the information on page 87 of the Motif XF Reference Manual.

Field 3 of the shown Display Screen on this page is where you will select the location of your waveform:  You will select FL1 or FL2, depending on where your sample is STORED.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Montage for Motif XF
Next Topic:

Footswitch within Song / mixing mode ››