mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Water into wine"

Posted on: September 03, 2016 @ 07:11 AM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

https://soundcloud.com/user583519616/water-into-wine-source-master

Redid this - to better sync drums per Mister Motif…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2016 @ 06:05 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Nice 60’s-ish track. Your voice reminds me a bit of Al Stewart. The drums are the only thing I’d say you could improve on a bit. Drums sound a little stiff; especially the fills. But nice instrumentation in general and the song has good momentum and general vibe.

Well done!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2016 @ 10:41 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Love this song! The style reminds me of Rich Mullins. Great guitar solo, was this all done on a keyboard? Your profile doesn’t indicate what you have! If not, it’s a great song anyway!!! I really like the chord sequence on the chorus. You ended it almost like I would have, you know, quieter and softer. Good job!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2016 @ 05:45 AM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

Thanks for the comments.

Mr. Motif - I appreciate the comment on the drums. I agree with you. Still trying to learn how to make a convincing drum groove. Last year - you made a comment about putting the solo in the middle of a song instead of the end. So the guitar solo is actually an attempt at doing that.

Max - my gear is: MOXF6 and Komplete 9 Ultimate by Native Instruments. On this track - I originally did all the tracks on the MOXF - and then copied the midi data and plugged in instruments from Komplete. Instruments don’t always play back well. So there’s a lot of tweaking involved - especially with all the articulations available for the Komplete instruments.

So yes the guitar is an emulation done on Keyboard. I used Pettinhouse Humbucker guitar 2.

I am finding that sometimes the sound of the MOXF is closer to what I’m looking for. So lately I am using a combination of MOXF and Komplete sounds.

Again - thanks for the reviews!

Blessings to you!

johnb

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bali Shuffle submitted by Steve Pas
Next Topic:

Jazz/Funk track! ››