mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 Windows 10 VSTi not working"

Posted on: July 09, 2016 @ 04:43 PM
ThumbThing
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-06-2012

Hi all,
Having recently upgraded my computer to an Intel i7 64bit running Windows 10 I’m unable to get my Yamaha MOX6 to work in Cubase Pro 8.5!?!
I’ve installed the latest drivers. The remote editor is installed and working and there’s not issues showing within Device Manager.
In the Plug-in Manager in Cubase the MOX is showing as ‘Missing Instrument’.
Has anyone else encountered this problem as I’m going crazy trying to get it working.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 09:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Have you downloaded and installed…
MOX6/MOX8 Editor Standalone/VST V1.6.3 for Windows
...and if so, have you been able to run it standalone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 12:55 PM
ThumbThing
Joined  03-06-2012

Thanks for the suggestion 5pinDIN.

Whenever I try to run the standalone editor a Windows pop up says the that the program is not compatible and then asks if it worked in previous versions of Windows and proceeds to try other drivers… no of which work!

I emailed Yahama and got some other suggestions, which also failed to work. Having now reported this to Yamaha Customer Service Team they’ve said ”Steinberg have now confirmed with me that is not compatible with the very latest version of Cubase Pro 8. The stand alone MOX Editor will continue to work but the Remote Tools Editor will not work within Cubase 8.

So I’m left using my MOX6 as a simple control keyboard.

ThumbThing

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 02:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ThumbThing - 26 August 2016 12:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestion 5pinDIN.

Whenever I try to run the standalone editor a Windows pop up says the that the program is not compatible and then asks if it worked in previous versions of Windows and proceeds to try other drivers… no of which work!

I emailed Yahama and got some other suggestions, which also failed to work. Having now reported this to Yamaha Customer Service Team they’ve said ”Steinberg have now confirmed with me that is not compatible with the very latest version of Cubase Pro 8. The stand alone MOX Editor will continue to work but the Remote Tools Editor will not work within Cubase 8.

So I’m left using my MOX6 as a simple control keyboard.

ThumbThing

I can’t make head or tails of the above - it seems to have conflicting information. Running the Editor standalone means it’s not dependent on Cubase at all.
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477636/

In addition, apparently others have had success in running a MOX VSTi with Cubase 8 under Windows 10…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477569/

Since I don’t use Cubase, hopefully others will post and help clear up the situation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 08:46 AM
ThumbThing
Joined  03-06-2012

I can’t make head or tails of the above - it seems to have conflicting information. Running the Editor standalone means it’s not dependent on Cubase at all.
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477636/

In addition, apparently others have had success in running a MOX VSTi with Cubase 8 under Windows 10…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477569/

Since I don’t use Cubase, hopefully others will post and help clear up the situation.

Hi 5pinDIN,

No matter where I or which version of the Yamaha drivers I install (YSUSB_V173_Win64 or YSUSB_V199_Win) Cubase Pro 8.5 can’t find it.
If I try to run the standalone editor a pop-up appears stating ‘Program not compatible’

The only bit of Yamaha software that does still work is the Remote Control (see image)

If other MOX users ARE able to use the VSTi Editor within Windows I can only assume they’re using older versions of Cubase or running a 32bit system as it won’t work form me.

Image Attachments
ScreenShot01.jpg
  [ Ignore ]