mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Oriental Library From K-Sounds"

Posted on: August 24, 2016 @ 10:20 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Hi! I had read on this thread http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450563 that there was (at one time) a free oriental sound library from K-Sounds. The post is below.

Posted on: August 26, 2010 @ 04:22 AM
bengertje
Total Posts:  155
Joined 09-15-2009
[ pm ]

You can buy the Worldexpeditions library from DSF, there’s also a free demo from this library in the Xpand your World page.

And Ksounds has made a free oriental library. This one is very good. Ask Ksounds for it

I emailed K-Sounds asking about it, as I can find no information anywhere. This is the reply that I got:

-----Hi Max,

Thank you for your email. I appreciate your interest in K-Sounds sound libraries. I’m not sure what thread that might have been, but K-Sounds has never offered oriental sounds (free or paid). Please click here to see the libraries we offer for the Motif series.

Thank you!

Keven Spargo, K-Sounds Sound Designer-----

What was bengertje referring to?

Thanks!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 07:39 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

Anyone? I would like to know!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2016 @ 08:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Mighty Motif Max - 24 August 2016 10:20 PM

[...]
What was bengertje referring to?

Possibly the one from Easy Sounds…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/477426/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 08:43 AM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

Possibly the one from Easy Sounds…

The EasySounds library is actually all Middle-Eastern instruments, like the Kanun, of Oud, etc. Not FAR Eastern, like the erhu or the zither-type instruments from East Asia.

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 11:51 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

There are lots of free samples on the net, including those of the erhu. You could download them and create your own Voice(s), if you’re unable to find or afford an appropriate Motif sample library.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 03:20 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

Where would I find a good starting place for creating my own voices? I have read some about Integrated Sampling, but I am not entirely sure how this would work with pre-made samples. I have found some good samples of other instruments,so I’m sure that I can find some somewhere. I just need some very good step-by-step instructions. I am still curious, though, what bengertje was referring to, as evidently he found something. Do you have any recommendations for sample websites, free or otherwise? Thanks!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 03:47 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Samples in WAV or AIFF format (16-bit 44.1kHz maximum) can be loaded to either SDRAM or flash module. This might help with creating Motif Waveforms:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/449794/

Once they’re Motif Waveforms, they can be used in Voices just like Preset Waveforms. You’ll be able to set note and velocity ranges, etc., for the various samples that might be used in a Voice.

If you load to the volatile 128 MB User memory, be sure to SAVE an “All” file before turning off power. In that case, the file would have to be reloaded each time the XF is turned on.

Since I don’t know exactly what qualities you’re looking for, I won’t suggest a particular source for the samples. You can download them and play them to see if they meet your needs.

Another thread that might be of interest:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476334/

You could try sending email or a PM to bengertje
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/members/82721/
...but the Last Visit here is shown as September 25, 2012 09:10 AM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 05:04 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Mighty Motif Max,

Actually when it comes to synths “Oriental” usually refers to Middle Eastern sounds. If you take a look at arranger keyboards sold by Korg, Yamaha and others they offer Oriental versions that come with Middle Eastern sounds and tunings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2016 @ 07:58 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016
meatballfulton - 27 August 2016 05:04 PM

Mighty Motif Max,

Actually when it comes to synths “Oriental” usually refers to Middle Eastern sounds.

Then what would I call Chinese/Japanese/Indian sounds?

5pinDIN 27 August 2016 11:47 AM
Since I don’t know exactly what qualities you’re looking for, I won’t suggest a particular source for the samples

I will do as you have suggested above in your post. As far as qualities go, do you mean like grade of audio? If so, whatever the highest quality samples that there are would be nice. :-)

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sharing Multis on Rack XS
Next Topic:

mox VS motif xf ››