mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Should I Buy an FW16e for my Yamaha Motif Rack XS?"

Posted on: July 20, 2016 @ 03:25 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Hey Guys.

I only use my Motif Rack XS for live performances, and don’t run Cubase.

I do, however, use the XS Editor for designing Multi presets quite a bit, and keep wondering if buying an FW16e would be a good thing for me to have. My MacBook Pro does have an IEEE 1394 port, so I should be okay getting it connected to my laptop.

I can see that transferring data would be faster, and might possibly help me get past the need to Layer Parts 1-4, but not really sure that I understand the second one, especially when adding voices to MIDI channels 5-16 to a multi preset.

Right now, if I have a four part multi with three ARPs, and then try to add a 5th ARP voice on Channel 5 using a 2nd MIDI keyboard set to Channel 5, my XS appears to get “overwhelmed” and starts doing weird things (such as suddenly behaving as if it were monophonic, or not sounding until I release the key).

I’m curious what benefits other XS users have experienced after installing the FW16e.

Any input would be appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2016 @ 12:32 AM
qdgpjg
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-10-2009

I bought a FW16e Firewire board for my XS6. Can’t find any tutorials on how to use it and the audio from the synth drops out on my windows 10 PC. I may need to sell it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF 6 & Cubase 8.5.20
Next Topic:

Plug-In Boards Compatibility Options ››